Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Non chonological expansions
02-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Non chonological expansions
Anyone else besides me buy other expansions without getting Growing Hunger?

I never got Growing Hunger, but I happened upon Survival of the Fittest in a game shop one time and couldn't resist. It seems to integrate into the base game pretty well by itself. And after getting it, at least now I understand the whole "dot system" thing that I had heard people mention on here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 11:24 AM
RE: Non chonological expansions
growing hunger has much more bang for your buck. i recommended getting it.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Growing hunger is hands down THE set to have. No other set is close to what you get. It's also the only other set which grants tiles, sadly.
02-11-2011, 04:03 AM
plus you get the sweet but useless statue, which makes a much better looking town center than the well does. That being said, GH adds a lot of options to tweak the game, whereas SoTF really adds some totally new elements.
02-11-2011, 06:42 AM
(02-11-2011 04:03 AM)robottroubles Wrote:  plus you get the sweet but useless statue, which makes a much better looking town center than the well does. That being said, GH adds a lot of options to tweak the game, whereas SoTF really adds some totally new elements.

We have put the statue in the town center every game (except manor house ones) since we got growing hunger! Its the little things...
02-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Sounds pretty awesome. I do love the addition of thematic elements, like the statue you guys mention. I didn't know about that. It's just not in the budget at the moment. I was going to order it, but then when I had the SoTF box physically sitting in my hot little hand at the game store, I ended up going for the instant gratification.