Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are the Villains so easy in AToE?
08-28-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: Why are the Villains so easy in AToE?
(08-28-2012 03:26 PM)wisdomknight Wrote:  Thanks OD, I cant wait to be able to get Something Wicked and eventually The Coast!

SW is a worthy purchase indeed. All kinds of cool new stuff. I'm sure The Coast will be as well. Don't forget those Hero Packs too! And the Web Exclusives! (which I still need to get!)Zombie17

(08-28-2012 06:24 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Playing the advanced game, we almost always come down to the wire, with about 50/50 win loss.

This has been my experience as well. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2012, 01:50 AM
If you pick up SW and start using the new advanced coop chart it makes a big differance in difficulty. Also the villians after the base set do seem to get harder.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MythosGamer/videos
08-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I really really recommend getting Something Wicked. It made a huge difference for me, in that a lot of the cards you draw from the corner locations isnt just the "Roll, collect investigation" mechanic. That and it becomes harder...

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
08-31-2012, 07:58 PM
As with all the others, I think Something Wicked raises the difficulty. First of all the expanded mystery phase roll chart for coop games brings a lot more dread to the mystery phase.

Also there are weather cards that mess with game play as well. I recall in our last game a card that made us roll twice during the mystery phase.

I highly suggest picking it up.
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
At last...i was surprised that a lot of people on bgg found the game too easy...i own the game since friday(atoe, sw and tc), and started to play it solo with two heroes...and what the hell is goin on...minoons everywhere with 4 fighting dices...one of my 4 wounds hero dead in one combat round, and the other running away....and all this because of the famous advance ccop chart...so try it....and tell me if it's easy :-)
In fact i had a walking dead in my blacksmith space, i let u imagine how hard get weapon then. :-) no no it's not easy :-)
Btw I'm playing with secret, and all the cards but lair cards on the first map only.
Lorenzo
02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
we finally got a chance to play ATOE the other day...I think we screwed around too much and also rushed into the fight because we were losing getting roflpwned by cards dropping the tracker really quickly and amping up the Scarecrows HP. One of our players dipped out right near the end before we went to fight....it was hilarious because the rest of the team got koed pretty fast and his character not only survived but won the encounter and the game in his absence. I really liked ATOE and look forward to getting into some more advanced rules since we played basics. My brother has the base and Something Wicked, we didn't tap into SW yet so that should add lots more fun in. Too bad his punk ass is leaving for Mississippi soon.
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I've played it a couple of times lately and only once ever with the co op chart.
I never have found defeating the bad guys easy, even playing in basic mode, but it was never difficult either.
The last game rolling on the chart added a lot, especially as we rolled double 1 and had to have a showdown too early and before most of us had weapons. It was a whitewash Insane19 Not only that, when I was rolling for the baddy I kept rolling sixes Watchmen02
02-11-2013, 03:23 PM
The villains range wildly in difficulty- I think the shadow witch and necromancer are tied for the toughest right now.
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
(02-11-2013 03:23 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  The villains range wildly in difficulty- I think the shadow witch and necromancer are tied for the toughest right now.

I would add the Reaper as being the hardest I have had.
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
(02-13-2013 06:23 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 03:23 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  The villains range wildly in difficulty- I think the shadow witch and necromancer are tied for the toughest right now.

I would add the Reaper as being the hardest I have had.

He can be a nightmare once he's got a few spectres out cranking out extra mystery cards.