Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why the Grave Weapons minis are worth the price...
01-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Why the Grave Weapons minis are worth the price...
Because...

1) the Grave Weapons are really cool to have on your zombies

2) it's a PITA moving them all around with the little markers under them

I played my first game with SOTF last night, and we did "Supply Run", which uses the Manor House. While I barely got a chance to make use of the new Unique Items and Survival Tactics decks, the Grave Weapons were used almost constantly and to great effect by my friend and his son. They were quite often maxed out on the limit of 4 Grave Weapons each. So on several turns, they had 8 Grave Weapons Zombies to push around and there was a point when about 5 different Grave Weapons zombies, 2 Zombie Heroes and 3 Heroes were all moving around in the Manor House, bumping into the barricades there.

Suffice to say that when I was explaining the Grave Weapons at the beginning of the game I had said that while they sell a set of minis for them, I wasn't going to bother getting those... but by about halfway through the game I said, ah, you know what, I think I'm going to get those minis after all.

I know people have complained about the price point of these new LNOE expansions, and I do believe that the Grave Weapons mini set is still a chrome or luxury purchase compared to SOTF or the Hero Pack, but I think that if you intend to play this game often, you'll probably find like I did that it was a really great thing that they made these minis available and that the price (which I've seen for as low as $16.21 from Boards & Bits) is going to be worth it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2010, 06:57 PM
RE: Why the Grave Weapons minis are worth the price...
Dude... The Crawling Torso!!! It's cooler than the Jo-Jo the Dancing Bear idea!

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
01-29-2010, 01:45 AM
NOTHING is cooler than Jo-Jo the Dancing Bear.

...but crawling torso is pretty kickass.
01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
It's a geeky bearded guy ! Kinda like the comic bookstore manager in the simpsons... But with more beard !

"Man, I like these zombies better when they got clothes on. That an ex-girlfriend of yours, Nick?"
02-01-2010, 09:08 PM
gavindowning Wrote:NOTHING is cooler than Jo-Jo the Dancing Bear.

...but crawling torso is pretty kickass.

a crawling torso at your ankles are worth 2 Jo-Jo's balancing on a ball...

I kink of think Jo-Jo might be responsible for the missing lower half of his body.

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
03-29-2011, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2011 09:06 PM by Amiral.)
(01-27-2010 05:47 PM)Grudunza Wrote:  Because...

1) the Grave Weapons are really cool to have on your zombies

2) it's a PITA moving them all around with the little markers under them

Why, oh why, is it that every time I read a review like this, it costs me money? I'd save a lot if everybody wrote negative reviews.
03-29-2011, 10:42 PM
In my opinion the Zombies with Grave Weapon Miniatures are the best detailed models that have been made for LNOE so far. In fact I'm not certain but I believe that they are made out of a harder plastic type... (don't forget you get the two new Grave Weapon cards too!)
03-29-2011, 11:40 PM
(03-29-2011 10:42 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  In my opinion the Zombies with Grave Weapon Miniatures are the best detailed models that have been made for LNOE so far. In fact I'm not certain but I believe that they are made out of a harder plastic type... (don't forget you get the two new Grave Weapon cards too!)

Sheesh! You had to tempt me too?

Now I *have* to buy it. My girlfriend's gonna have a blast with those (she's the Zombie player in the house).
03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
I love the minis, give a nice image to the game
04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I had to get more minis as a must. My twin and I are both partially color blind and ended up playing the zombies together. Guess which colors we have trouble differentiating. The game proceeded with everyone else telling us when we were grabbing the wrong pieces, which was often.