Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why the Grave Weapons minis are worth the price...
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
RE: Why the Grave Weapons minis are worth the price...
I plan on getting them...as soon as I can find a copy of SotF.

By the by, a tiny piece of blue tac will keep the bases stuck to the markers, and is completely removable after the game.

w.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Well after the huge arguments generated amongst my friends over the rules of LNOE, I've had the game on ice for a while, however my girlfriend has spoilt me for my birthday in buying the Growing Hunger and Grave Weapons expansions and so the insanity is back!!!!!! Now I have to organise another game day and lock up all sharp weapons to avoid any bloodshed - and by the way, the most arguing over the game involved females - now what is with that??? Anyway I look forward to using the Grave Weapons set for sure, although I popped their cherry using them as Level Markers for Zombie Munchkins - was that wrong? Anyway I beat my girlfriend and she's been sulking ever since, hmmm maybe I should have thrown the game to keep the peace. Any thoughts????
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 05:07 PM by vikinglad.)
(04-20-2011 02:24 PM)poodlehuber Wrote:  Anyway I beat my girlfriend and she's been sulking ever since, hmmm maybe I should have thrown the game to keep the peace. Any thoughts????

You just reminded me of a pic I saw on boardgamegeek the other day. It is of some dude's significant other right after he trounced her at RISK. The corresponding comments seem to agree that throwing the game is the right move in some instances:

[Image: pic144191_md.jpg]
04-20-2011, 06:44 PM
(04-20-2011 02:24 PM)poodlehuber Wrote:  Anyway I beat my girlfriend and she's been sulking ever since, hmmm maybe I should have thrown the game to keep the peace. Any thoughts????

That happen to some friends of mine, they vowed never to play this game gain because they got hammered. Sucks because I've lost two players, but for god's sake its a game!!!!!
04-21-2011, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2011 11:27 AM by poodlehuber.)
[/quote]

You just reminded me of a pic I saw on boardgamegeek the other day. It is of some dude's significant other right after he trounced her at RISK. The corresponding comments seem to agree that throwing the game is the right move in some instances:

[/quote]

Were there missing comments? Now I'm aching to know if that guy got hammered too hehe!
04-21-2011, 04:27 PM
(04-21-2011 01:05 PM)poodlehuber Wrote:  Were there missing comments? Now I'm aching to know if that guy got hammered too hehe!
The comments are with the pic at boardgamegeek.com. They were like:
Quote:See that's the problem with all you guys. The secret is to lose to her, and lose a lot. That's what keeps my lady playing. Nevermind that I can't seem to beat her at anything other than Ceasar & Cleopatra even if I try. The important thing is that the glares only come from rules confustion and not from losing.
The title of this pic is "Risk: Not the best game for spousal gaming"
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
The Grave Weapons minis, I found that one just simply must have them. There is just no reason not to. Just the way it is with anything FFP has to offer.

As for the other sub-topic evolving here about significant others, when I lose a game to her it's genuine. No throwing it here... though maybe I shouldn't be admitting that!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
My wife always says the games are too easy :S then she proves it! haha
12-13-2011, 10:37 PM
As my perception that i know people on these new LNOE extended price point complaining, I believe, a serious weapon is still a small set of chrome or luxury package compared to buying SOTF or a hero, but I think that if you intend to play this game, you may find, like me, this is a really great thing, and they provide these mini prices (such as the Board of Directors and I have seen low-bit $ 16.21) will be worth it.
06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I have to kind of agree that it sort of stinks that Survival of the Fittest introduces the zombies with grave weapons, but if you want the actual miniatures, you have to buy a separate set.

That said, I still consider the miniatures a must have! As soon as I get Survival of the Fittest, I will be sure to get the zombies with grave weapons miniature set right along with it.

As if the awesome miniatures weren't incentive enough, the crawling torso is enough reason on its own. So, I will definitely be picking up both sets together when I get around to getting them.