Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will Paint for Food
01-23-2011, 05:41 PM
RE: Will Paint for Food
They're actually about as detailed as their other miniatures.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2011, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2011 08:05 AM by SPARTAN VI.)
I think they're more detailed than LNOE, and maybe IFOS. A majority of them have laces, buttons, straps, and such accessories which really tested my brush work. Very ornate clothing, which I assume is appropriate for the time period. You may not noticed it, no thanks to my brush work, but these models are very intricate.

LNOE and IFOS models were generally a bit easier to paint.
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
(01-23-2011 03:11 PM)Orguss Wrote:  While that's very good paintwork, is it just me or are the AToE minis less... detailed?

More so, i think. Perhaps better castings because they were later in the production line. Anyway, I agree with the others in that it is far more ornate clothing...which makes things more fun!

My attempts:

[Image: Heroes1.jpg]

[Image: Heroes2.jpg]

I had more fun with ATOE.

-Fate!

01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Those ATOE figures look good, but do you have any pics of your paintjobs on LNOE miniatures? I know I want mine painted, just not sure if I want to try my hand at painting or not. Also, any idea what the turn-around time would be for a full set?

Thanks!
02-01-2011, 06:57 PM
(01-29-2011 06:32 PM)robottroubles Wrote:  Those ATOE figures look good, but do you have any pics of your paintjobs on LNOE miniatures? I know I want mine painted, just not sure if I want to try my hand at painting or not. Also, any idea what the turn-around time would be for a full set?

Thanks!

Hey RT, I got your email but I'll reply in this thread as well just in case anyone else has this question.

My LNOE set was my first foray into painting, so they're relatively poor in quality. The AToE set I just painted is more representative of my current skill level, but even then I'm constantly learning and improving my technique.

The base game set has 14 Zombies and 8 Heroes, so 22 minis x $3 = $66 + 5 shipping.

I increased my rate $0.50/mini to offset the demand. At the moment I have 4 projects on my desk and 1 or 2 more in transit. So if demand dies down I will lower my rate.

Thanks!
02-16-2011, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2011 09:17 PM by Pfr_Fate.)
(02-01-2011 06:57 PM)SPARTAN VI Wrote:  At the moment I have 4 projects on my desk and 1 or 2 more in transit. So if demand dies down I will lower my rate.

Hey, Spartan! I find that I am in the same boat....several jobs fell through. Friends suggested i do the same, but I don't want to cause competition for you.... If you do find yourself swamped, do you mind me offering up the same prices ($4 per mini, plus shipping, right)? Certainly would help pay the mortgage... I hope I am not coming off as a jerk, just looking for income! (A little desperately, now, too)

Pfr_Fate! (Check my gallery)

02-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Hey Fate,

I don't mind at all! I am swamped at the moment, I have maybe 4 or 5 projects on my desk and midterms rolling around. I'm really hung up on these Warmachine miniatures at the moment; they're just so detailed and progress is slow.

Thanks!

Jon

(02-16-2011 09:11 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  
(02-01-2011 06:57 PM)SPARTAN VI Wrote:  At the moment I have 4 projects on my desk and 1 or 2 more in transit. So if demand dies down I will lower my rate.

Hey, Spartan! I find that I am in the same boat....several jobs fell through. Friends suggested i do the same, but I don't want to cause competition for you.... If you do find yourself swamped, do you mind me offering up the same prices ($4 per mini, plus shipping, right)? Certainly would help pay the mortgage... I hope I am not coming off as a jerk, just looking for income! (A little desperately, now, too)

Pfr_Fate! (Check my gallery)
02-23-2011, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 01:53 AM by Pfr_Fate.)
Well, then: my services are for sale. Any who wishes to do so, may PM me! Check out my Gallery under http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/ind...cat=11509. I'll update it with better photos tommorrow.

Tease: [Image: pic834033.jpg]

02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Fate's PM: http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/priv...d&uid=1509

05-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Finished another LNOE set a week or so ago:

[Image: dale8.jpg]

[Image: dale9.jpg]

[Image: dale10.jpg]

[Image: dale11.jpg]

[Image: dale12.jpg]