Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wish/Interest Lists
05-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Wish/Interest Lists
OK-most of us here are Board Gamers & Zombifiers but I was
wondering what you had your eyes on as to future Games
your interested in buying/playing.Here's my current List

Historicals

-Pax Baltica (The Great Northern War as a Block Game)
-No Peace Without Spain (War of the Spanish Succession)
-Merchants & Marauders (Pirates-Preordered)

Horror

-Arkham Miskatonic Expansion (preordered)
-The Coast AToE Expansion (must buy)

Pulp

-Fortune & Glory(must buy)
-The Adventures-The Pyramid of Horus

SiFi-Gears of War

So what are the rest of you looking into?

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2011, 05:48 PM
RE: Wish/Interest Lists
I am really looking forward to that Gears of War game. I missed all of the Space Hulks when they were available, and I would really like a good space game.

Fortune and Glory is pretty high on my list too. Right now, all I have is fantasy and horror games. I would like to expand to some more genre's, and pulp and space are favs of mine in the movies.

I really want to get Mansions of Madness, too. I went to a demo day for that game, and it looked fantastic. Not a future game, but a pretty new one that I haven;t had a chance to get yet.
05-26-2011, 05:58 PM
If I bought another game it would definitely be Lovecraft based...
05-26-2011, 06:15 PM
http://mqstout.com/wiki/Wishlist#Board_Games
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2011, 06:49 PM
(05-26-2011 05:48 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I am really looking forward to that Gears of War game. I missed all of the Space Hulks when they were available, and I would really like a good space game.

If I only knew, I sold my copy a couple of months ago.
I had the original game back in the days but gave it away because it was just collecting dust. The guy who I used to play this game with moved out of town so I did not see him anymore.

When the new one came out I bought it on the spot, trying to convince my friends now to play it...but after playing it twice I just could not get into the "awesomeness" of the game. It kinda lost it's "wow factor" that it had on me when I was younger.
So I sold it...

There is not really a boardgame that I'm looking forward to. I'm happy if I can get a LNEO of IFOS game going. And I just got a copy of COPE too, need to play that as well.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2011, 11:01 PM
(05-26-2011 06:15 PM)mqstout Wrote:  http://mqstout.com/wiki/Wishlist#Board_Games

And I thought I was excessiveWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-31-2011, 07:24 AM
I just got Ascension, and it's been really fun so far.

Amazon stalks my browsing history, and it told me about a Warhammer game that looks interesting.

I've also always wanted to try out Zombies!!! but have heard nothing but awful things about the game. (Makes you wonder why I want to try it.)
06-01-2011, 02:41 AM
The Gears Board game has my attenuation as does The Walking Dead board game *comic version*
06-01-2011, 06:08 AM
(05-26-2011 06:49 PM)Emp Wrote:  If I only knew...

Dang. I really wanted to give Space Hulk a try after seeing SamuraiTrev's painted figs. The second edition looked really cool. It didn't seem have a very long print life. I had never heard of it till I saw his painting posts. It sounded pretty unique. I don't know how Gears will compare, I just wanna shoot big Aliens with big guns.
06-05-2011, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2011 09:53 AM by Raynor.)
(05-31-2011 07:24 AM)colormage1 Wrote:  I've also always wanted to try out Zombies!!! but have heard nothing but awful things about the game. (Makes you wonder why I want to try it.)

The zombies game was actually AWESOME with a little modification and a group of willing friends... WAS awesome... then we found LNOE and we haven't played it in like 2 years now.

But on topic, the Walking Dead game, Gears, FnG, and various Arkham Horror expansions are on my radar. I really want to play a full game of Civilization too but can't get a group of exactly 4 for some reason. We always end up with either 5 or only 2... Insane19

PLUS ... I've had Twilight Imperium for over a year now and NONE of my gamer friends will commit to learning. lol So I guess that's on my list too.

p.s. The Resident Evil game and it's follow up expansion are totally worth it. I bought with Dominion and they play with very similar mechanics but despite the hype for Dominion, I actually enjoy Resident Evil more. Good solid fun. Mercenary Mode with 2-4 people is a blast.