Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wish me luck!
02-12-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: Wish me luck!
Good luck mate!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Second day was excruciatingly frustrating... boss is a big micro manager... hanging in there... hopefully I'll have time to post some stuff this weekend... hours/traffic are lame
02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Congrats on the new job! I spent over a year trying to find a job. It finally took a big move and change of life for me to get one. But it was all worth it. Hopefully you'll get used to the manager. Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2013, 06:13 PM
(02-13-2013 01:52 AM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote:  Second day was excruciatingly frustrating... boss is a big micro manager... hanging in there... hopefully I'll have time to post some stuff this weekend... hours/traffic are lame

Stay with it...boss might just be trying to assert themselves to the "new guy" for effect. It could get better after a while.
02-13-2013, 06:20 PM
I went from machining at a place that built their own product to machining at a job shop, the owner and the shop Forman came across a gigantic pricks but they were just giving me the push to get up to pace on what was needed, being out of work for a while made me slow.. Keep your chin up, better to be working and having to deal with some pressure than to be outa work and stressed out..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2013, 08:20 PM
(02-13-2013 01:52 AM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote:  Second day was excruciatingly frustrating... boss is a big micro manager... hanging in there... hopefully I'll have time to post some stuff this weekend... hours/traffic are lame

That stinks. Well, all you can do is hang in there and hope that it changes over time. That is definitely never good, but hopefully in this case it is just because you are new. Just do a good job, work hard, and hopefully they will learn you can be trusted.

If it doesn't get better, then my recommendation would be the same I would recommend in any similar situation... If you can deal with it, then put up with it for the time being, but feel free to look for other jobs. It is always better if you can find a new job before leaving the one you currently have. Especially with the economy the way it has been, you never know when the next job will come along. It also is never ideal to leave a job when you haven't been there long, but it isn't like you owe them anything. And in this day and age, people jump from job to job all the time, so it doesn't look bad to do so.

Hopefully none of that matters, though. Hopefully things work out for you in this one. It is only your second day, so I wouldn't worry for now. Just give it time, and hopefully things will relax a bit.
02-14-2013, 01:02 AM
When I say Micro-managing I mean that I can do the work, and he knows it, but he won't leave me alone to do it. He's always at my task and for lack of a better term "babying" me. I'm just like dude, get away from my desk and let me work! In other news, it's spirit week at the office... I got Zombie Wednesday goin on! Come dressed as a zombie!
02-14-2013, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 02:46 AM by samuraitrev.)
(02-14-2013 01:02 AM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote:  When I say Micro-managing I mean that I can do the work, and he knows it, but he won't leave me alone to do it. He's always at my task and for lack of a better term "babying" me. I'm just like dude, get away from my desk and let me work! In other news, it's spirit week at the office... I got Zombie Wednesday goin on! Come dressed as a zombie!

I just know you're going to do the full works too. A great way to show your new co-workers what you're all aboutZombie17
02-16-2013, 04:16 PM
So the first week is over. I went in to chew bubble gum and kick ass, but I was all out of bubble gum! I slammed shut a last minute contract yesterday (which was something that I wasn't expected to be able to do) and I've got my own job book with my own contracts in it already (shock! I have a zombie on my book cover). I was told that I've done more in one week than someone with three times my experience has done in a month there. So that was great!
02-16-2013, 05:07 PM
(02-16-2013 04:16 PM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote:  So the first week is over. I went in to chew bubble gum and kick ass, but I was all out of bubble gum! I slammed shut a last minute contract yesterday (which was something that I wasn't expected to be able to do) and I've got my own job book with my own contracts in it already (shock! I have a zombie on my book cover). I was told that I've done more in one week than someone with three times my experience has done in a month there. So that was great!

Good for you and great use of the They Live quote.
+1 rep

And here's a figure I painted you may recognise...