Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Which should we use in the hangar?
This poll is closed.
Keep the first plane, its fine 0% 0 0%
You should finish the 2nd plane 0% 0 0%
You should finish the 3rd plane 100.00% 4 100.00%
You should finish the 4th plane 0% 0 0%
Its all wrong! we need better options 0% 0 0%
Total 4 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Woodinvale Revisited
03-03-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: Woodinvale Revisited
That is absolutely AWESOME! Personally, I have no problem with the boards as is. I like them just fine the way they are. That said.... I actually do like these even better. If I had a way to print them to the same quality, I have to say I'd actually consider replacing the board pieces with these. They still look like they belong with the game, but give a lot more detail. I love them!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 11:48 PM
(02-27-2015 07:43 PM)Aoniken Wrote:  Not so sure about removing the cockades, however...

I think it makes it less obvious that you're dealing with a 100 year old, single seat aircraft. Just IMO. I found a couple of top views of modern aircraft if those would help:

[Image: topa0906-4view-lg.jpg]

[Image: hz-supercub-3view.jpg]

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
03-05-2015, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 03:03 AM by Aoniken.)
(02-28-2015 08:21 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Looking great. I love the fact you want the boards to be as realistic as possible. Keep up the good work!Zombie17

(03-03-2015 08:36 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That is absolutely AWESOME! Personally, I have no problem with the boards as is. I like them just fine the way they are. That said.... I actually do like these even better. If I had a way to print them to the same quality, I have to say I'd actually consider replacing the board pieces with these. They still look like they belong with the game, but give a lot more detail. I love them!

Thankyou for the kind words... im doing my best!

(03-03-2015 11:48 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I think it makes it less obvious that you're dealing with a 100 year old, single seat aircraft. Just IMO. I found a couple of top views of modern aircraft if those would help:

You have a point there, for the record, i know nothing about planes, i tried to get something similar to the one in the board... but i wont use a 2d aircraft, it´ll mess up the light, and so. Give me a couple of days to find other plane choices Zombie03 I´ll follow your lead, but have in mind it must be very small (the hangar is 6mts wide), biplane and just for one person (as the one in the board)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2015, 08:43 AM
This is such an awesome project! The artwork on the original boards does bother me, especially some of the vegetation that looks like someone just squiggled with the airbrush tool in MS Paint. I appreciate what you're doing, and wish it were possible to buy replacement boards like!
03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
(03-05-2015 08:43 AM)jeffd1830 Wrote:  This is such an awesome project! The artwork on the original boards does bother me, especially some of the vegetation that looks like someone just squiggled with the airbrush tool in MS Paint. I appreciate what you're doing, and wish it were possible to buy replacement boards like!

Thank you! What about been hired by Flying frog productions to design the boards for LNOE second edition? Sounds like a dream job to me!

For now, i leave you two more planes for the hangar, but now i realize this building is taking much more time than expected, i still have plenty to work with! So what do you say if i set a voting poll in the main post, and i let you decide: Should i finish the 2nd, 3rd or 4th plane? Should i keep the first one? or should i keep looking for a better model?

The 1st plane:
[Image: LNOE_Hangar1.jpg]

The 2nd plane
(same as the first one without the cocardes):
[Image: LNOE_Hangar2.jpg]

The 3rd plane:
[Image: LNOE_Hangar3.jpg]

The 4th plane:
[Image: LNOE_Hangar4.jpg]

Check the main Thread to vote, and let me know what you think, you have one week to decide!
03-05-2015, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 05:48 PM by MoonSylver.)
3rd one looks good to me, but up to you, it's your project. Watchmen02 Take my comments with a grain of salt. They're just observations.

4th plane is a Fokker D.VII from Jasta 18. Insane20 I was/am a big "Wings of Glory" enthusiast. Zombie03

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
03-06-2015, 02:09 AM
(03-05-2015 05:47 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  3rd one looks good to me, but up to you, it's your project. Watchmen02 Take my comments with a grain of salt. They're just observations.

4th plane is a Fokker D.VII from Jasta 18. Insane20 I was/am a big "Wings of Glory" enthusiast. Zombie03

Your comments are more than welcome, MoonSylver!
And the same goes for everyone else Watchmen02

Im trying to do the best possible boards, so if you know more than i do in any subject, or if you notice any mistake, im glad you step foward. Thats the whole point of sharing my work: i want you to enjoy it as much as i do.
03-17-2015, 02:10 AM
The 3rd plane is in the hangar, but dont forget to visit the General Store for suplies before your flight!

Detailed view of the new Hangar
[Image: Hangar_detail.jpg]

Detailed view of the General Store
[Image: general_store_detail.jpg]
03-17-2015, 02:12 AM
Woodinvale Revisited
That looks awesome Aoniken! The level of detail is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-17-2015, 05:10 PM
They're amazing you HAVE to keep this project going. My wife said they're brilliant too!Watchmen02Watchmen02