Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Workstation... DIY.. :)
02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Workstation... DIY.. :)
So I browsed the internet yesterday morning looking for a cheap workstation so I don't have to keep tearing down and setting up every time I want to get my mini on.. So the wife gave me the go ahead and to try and find a desk that's free on craigslist which is easy enough to do. I still wanted a little workstation though so I don't tard up a nice table or ruin my exacto blades. Workstations seemed a bit pricy for me and I found a couple of patterns out there. The one I went with was from 40K Showcase and I believe by a gent named Alex Good. I modified it a bit, but it is large enough to fit the whole line of Citadel paints. I spent $6.00 on foam board, and $3.00 on glue sticks... It is surprisingly sturdy as all hell and with some slight tweeks to design it is very functional for me at the moment. I plan on using the bageezus out of it and seeing what else needs changing. Once I'm comfortable I'll have the draw one up in CAD and have the waterjet at work cut up some aluminum and Ill TIG one together real nice (I suck at cutting with a razorblade). Here is some pics and as always let me know what you guys think.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: Workstation... DIY.. :)
Your custom work station rocks! Now lets see those painted minis Zombie03
Find all posts by this user
02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Wondering if I should spray it down with some clear coat...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Put some chrome spinners and ground effects on that bad boy

Seriously though, nice work...looks perfect and exactly the kind of thing I would want if I painted
Find all posts by this user