Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World War Z
06-08-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: World War Z
(06-08-2012 02:55 AM)Musketeer Wrote:  
(06-06-2012 12:49 AM)victor.w Wrote:  Yeah. Brad Pitt is producing and starring. It's gonna be great.

and Paul Verhooven was directing Starship Troopers and look how that trashed the book...

There already are reports of serious differences from the book, the least of which being Pitt's character (the narrator from the book) running around the world trying to PREVENT the outbreak... If you read the book you would understand how badly that bodes...

Excactly...
I'm not jumping up and down about the movie here too.
It just seems another hollywood move to jump on the succes of Walking Dead and the sudden hype on zombies.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2012, 09:47 PM
look at the big differences in walking dead tv series to the graphic novel!
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2012, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 01:10 AM by Musketeer.)
I can't comment on WD differences as I haven't read it. I did read that while there were significant character changes the theme of the story has remained the same.

Starship Troopers took the theme of the book and fed it into a meat grinder because Verhooven openly stated his dislike for Heinlein's book's themes of duty and responsibility.

Now we will have to see about WWZ. I doubt we will see political mugging as happenned to ST as what politics were in WWZ were in line with the majority Hollywood position. I doubt though we will see the retrospective survivor story which was so compelling in the book and I seriously doubt we will see multiple stories as were in the book as it will be more about Brad Pitt I believe and the narrator in the book was actually a rather small role.
So is Hollywood distributing "bath salts" to cause a rise in "zombie attacks" and drum up movie hype?
06-10-2012, 01:15 AM
i'm mainly interested in seeing it to see what a truly high budget zed film looks like.

I like what a tv budget did to walking dead. truly nice. better than half the b rated zed flicks I've ever seen.
06-10-2012, 11:34 PM
At least it isn't Michael Bey doing it. We would have continuous explosions with the occasional slow mo close up of a hot sweating chick walking as things explode behind her.
06-11-2012, 02:42 AM
And the movie is a train wreck...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Damon-Lin...31328.html
06-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I just want to see the battle of yonkers...or the scene in i believe it was india with the zeds and the winding cliffside road..but i think i might never see them as they were meant to be.
06-11-2012, 12:37 PM
when it come sout I'll may my 9$ donation for a ticket and 12$ donation for a soda and popcorn. just because it's a larger budget zed movie. I mean.. I've seen some pretty stinky mainstream stuff in the last year that had no redeeming qualities either. at least with zeds.. I get some action. I'm not a brad pitt fan though...
07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Has anyone listened to the audiobook version of World War Z? It has a bunch of celebrities reading the different parts, including Henry Rollins and John Turturro. Sounds better in theory than practice-- not as much fun to listen to as it is to read; just doesn't transfer well.
07-13-2012, 10:03 PM
my wif's a big audo book fan.. I'll have to see if she has it.

i'm not into audiobooks..