Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World War Z
12-07-2009, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 02:07 PM by SovTech.)
World War Z
To indulge myself in something other than my master thesis, I am enjoying some light entertainment by reading Zombie War Z right now...

Its a really well written book, and has an outstanding way of handling the zombie outbreak on. I have to praise the author on the amount of research and thoughts he has given the subject!

Anyone else read it?

Cheerio,
ST
(Doh wrong forum)

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2009, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 12:24 PM by deadandwalking.)
RE: World War Z
oh yeah. my favorite zombie novel. I surely hope they do a good job of transitioning it to film.

my favorite section was about the celebrities holed up doing a reality show.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I think it's a kickass novel Watchmen02. I really liked it all. The part with the chineses holed up in their submarine, the phalanx medecine that doesn't work, african rabbies. I could go on and on about everything this book offers Watchmen02. A realistic point of view of what could have been... or what could be to come Watchmen02.

"Man, I like these zombies better when they got clothes on. That an ex-girlfriend of yours, Nick?"
12-07-2009, 04:07 PM
It's been a while since I read it, but I did enjoy it quite a bit.

I just cannot get over the fact that it's done by Mel 'Blazing Saddles' Brooks' boy....

I don't remember a part where the celebrities are doing a reality show....Someone care to remind me?

Zalgo....he comes.
12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
the celebrities will all their wealth hole up in some fortified mansion and of course being the famous people they are they are used to being in the spotlight so they do a reality show of sorts of them all safe in their mansion and revealing it's location. all the average joes overrun it.
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks! I still don't recall that though....maybe it's time for a re-read!

Zalgo....he comes.
12-07-2009, 09:23 PM
If you get the chance, listen to the audio book. It's a fantastic listen.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
World War Z was pretty good, but I felt it had a bit of an arbitrary shift in gears near the end when Max Brooks suddenly started focusing on one particular character more than the others. Why he chose this character, I'm not sure, as I would have rather heard more from almost any other character "interviewed" in the book, but it caused this odd imbalance in character development, especially considering the fact that character development didn't seem important to Max Brooks until the last thirty pages or so. Mind you, that odd change of focus was the only real complaint I had with the book, so this one still gets a pretty hearty thumbs up. If you want me to really nerd rage about a book, I always have a few examples at the ready. Still, I don't see how they hope to translate World War Z into a decent movie. An audiobook format is perfect for it...a movie, not so much.
12-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I read/heard/saw that they were going to focus on one character's take on the whole wwz thing... not sure where... but I thought that this would be a bad idea and it would make for a "typical" zombie film.

The whole "interview" format would have been a neat idea... with the main characters recounting the events. But whatever.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga