Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World of Woodinvale - LNOE Building Project
02-08-2011, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 06:12 AM by robottroubles.)
World of Woodinvale - LNOE Building Project
World of Woodinvale
[Image: 5426758063_08cfe3616b.jpg]
So I'm really interested in having some 3D buildings to use in LNOE, so I've been working on creating my own, and am almost finished. These are preview images, but the full-sized ones should fit over the spaces on the game board and be shallow enough to keep the board art for the different buildings visible and not hinder moving figures around. I've spent a lot of thought trying to balance appearance and playability.
[Image: 5426757977_35defb4734.jpg]
I still have a few more to do and then clean them up enough and make available for download. The idea would be to print these out and maybe mount them to some tagboard to stay rigid. I kept everything pretty much flat so these won't interfere with any other spaces on the board.
[Image: 5426757701_f8e448fd1a.jpg]
I was having troubles uploading them to TZG.com galleries, I created a flickr set here.. Some are better than others as I've been learning the programs as I go along (Gotta redo that church, for example, and the scrap around the Hangar roof). Let me know what you think; I might need some help getting these looking right for others to download.
MORE BUILDINGS AT THE FLICKR SITE ABOVE
[Image: 5427363526_582fddc98d.jpg]
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2011, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 04:01 AM by D153453D.)
RE: World of Woodinvale - LNOE Building Project
The neon colors occur (for me at least) when saving an image with a CYMK profile. Most monitors profiles, i think, are Apple RGB 1998. My guess is it causes come weird distortions when previewing, but they print out nicely.

Try making the Jpeg RGB and to correct the neon appearence. (for examples and thumbnails)

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-08-2011, 06:13 AM
(02-08-2011 04:00 AM)D153453D Wrote:  The neon colors occur (for me at least) when saving an image with a CYMK profile. Most monitors profiles, i think, are Apple RGB 1998. My guess is it causes come weird distortions when previewing, but they print out nicely.

Try making the Jpeg RGB and to correct the neon appearence. (for examples and thumbnails)

Thanks, updated!
02-08-2011, 06:37 AM
No problem. They look fine to me. They looked fine the first time too actually. I don't see the hospital anymore, though. Looks good though!

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-08-2011, 06:42 PM
(02-08-2011 06:37 AM)D153453D Wrote:  No problem. They look fine to me. They looked fine the first time too actually. I don't see the hospital anymore, though. Looks good though!

Eh, they looked weird to me, but maybe it's just because I'd spent so long staring at them in Illustrator and Shop. The hospital and the rest are at the link, I rearranged some things in my post and decided to show the barn instead, now that it isn't hot pink. Thanks for the kind words.
02-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Nice-I was just thinking about my old O Gage Train set with all that plasticville that would have been perfect for 3d Woodinvale.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-12-2011, 01:07 AM
(02-08-2011 07:53 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Nice-I was just thinking about my old O Gage Train set with all that plasticville that would have been perfect for 3d Woodinvale.

OD

That's where I started with this project, started dreaming of a full-sized buildings, then roads, signs, trees, mailboxes, crates, fire hydrants...

decided to back off on that, and just focus on buildings that are useable on the standard game board. Using railroad buildings might be tough-the spaces allotted would fit O Scale, but the minis are much closer to HO, so you either end up with the figures looking like giants when standing next to the buildings, or buildings that are much bigger than the board spaces. I'd go with HO if you just want some buildings to display your minis with; Plasticville makes both scales.

Still need to get to the diner, school, plant, and fence around the junkyard; then there's Growing Hunger and those goofy-shaped buildings.
06-19-2011, 10:38 PM
nice work, but i rather stay in 2D layout

I'm from Czech Republic, so excuse my English please. Zombie13
06-20-2011, 02:41 AM
When completed I would love to print them on card stock, assemble and use them. I am slowly painting figs and this would cap it off.
06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
I like this idea, and you've done a great job on the textures.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user