Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worth picking up?
06-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Worth picking up?
This game doesn't seem to be one of the more popular games they have put out. I was wonderig what peoples thoughts on this game were? I know that an exansion is coming out so i guess it cant be all bad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2012, 08:12 AM
RE: Worth picking up?
I have it here and played it a couple of times. This game is good fun and something compeltely different in gamestyle to what we are used too from The Frog.
Last Night is very similar to Invasion and Evil has allot in comen with Fortune.

Not much more that I can say really, the only reason why we haven't played it more overhere is lack of playing time and when we get the chance to play a boardgame people usually choose the ones they now the rules of already so that we don't waste to much time.

If you have any specific questions about this game just ask and I will try and answer them for you.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I rather enjoy it (just below LNOE for me, of FFPs games) -- but most people I play with, for whatever reason, aren't keen on it. I enjoy its simplicity.
06-25-2012, 08:27 PM
The simplicity of the game is what is drawing me to it. Is this game more you vs cards like atoe?
06-25-2012, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 09:07 PM by mqstout.)
Nope. It's almost entirely PvP.

Well, it's you vs board to claim positions, but players can also fight one another to take over each other's things. Victory conditions are a race for points.
06-25-2012, 10:05 PM
For us it is in the fun and light side of our gaming spectrum. And everybody loves using the Matriarchy to take over earth with dr. Zednar Watchmen02

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
07-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Everyone has their own criteria on what Game to purchase so this is just my take.

I never got past the Art work & Captain Fantastic,it struck me as just Cartoons.
The several Alien Races seemed a bit much why were they all trying to conquor Earth?
( yes I expect some rational in Games)So I never really looked beyond my initial impressions.

In fact I read this Thread by Mistake! I thought I was checking ourt the F&G Forum.
So dedicated Mod that I am I went to BGG & FFP looked into CoPE & found
you can just play 1 Alien Race & that Capt.Fantastic is just a Card & not a big
part of the Game( you could simply call the Card anything & drop the Super Hero stuff).

The Alien art work still isn't going to get my vote,but I could ignore it as the Board
figs saucers are OK & the Alien Figs don't seem to really need to be used.The Human
art work is also OK.

So I guess I could get past the Purple Blops with teeth
& might now even consider getting the Game.The Rules
do present a Game I would like.It even plays Solo.

The Expansion will feature among other things the
Martians from Invasion from Outer Space.

So SoCalRMD I probably haven't helped you much but your
post helped me take another look at a Game I had dismissed
out of hand...So Thanks

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
I thikn the artwork is great. It gives the feel of those 60's comic books and I think that is what they aimed for (and succeeded)

Captain Fantastic...is not that fantastic because as a player you fight him and he is one though sob Zombie03 also you can kill him...he is the only one that gets dealt back in the stack of enemies (defenders) you encounter.

The game has an original gameplay but it is great fun. Playing solo or co-op. Joking around with friends...good fun.

07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
(07-01-2012 11:59 AM)Emp Wrote:  I thikn the artwork is great. It gives the feel of those 60's comic books and I think that is what they aimed for (and succeeded)

Well that explains my reaction,my comic book period
was the late 40's-early 50's.Watchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Shouldn't it bring back fond childhood memories then OD? Watchmen02