Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
XBL News
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2009 03:31 PM by zombie67.)
RE: XBL News
Some LEFT 4 DEAD 2 gameplay:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr-k5RY89hc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MeFygAu-DQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jmYz1PzV8[/youtube]

Yay, RELOADING!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
That looks great. I love the melee weapons. I hope that the fiddle music that plays in the background stays in the final game. I gives the game a hectic crazed feel. The different zombies look pretty neat too. The biohazard containment suit zeds are quite fun.

It seems really soon to come out with a "part 2" but we'll see. I hope that the price is lowered for previous L4D owners. This game looks awesome. I might just have to get it anyhow.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Now this is a reason to actually PLAY that game!!!

'Run to the Hills.....Run for your lives"

YAY!

zombie67 Wrote:News item I missed last week for all you Rock Band playing metallers!!!

Iron Maiden tracks will be available next week on June 9th.

The tracks are:

* Aces High (live) -- Flight 666 (2009)
* 2 Minutes to Midnight -- Powerslave (1984)
* The Trooper -- Piece of Mind (1983)
* Wasted Years -- Somewhere in Time (1986)
* The Number of the Beast -- The Number of the Beast (1982)
* Run to the Hills -- The Number of the Beast (1982)
* Can I Play With Madness -- Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)
* The Clairvoyant -- Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)
* Powerslave -- Powerslave (1984)
* Fear of the Dark (live) -- Flight 666 (2009)
* Hallowed Be Thy Name (live) -- Flight 666 (2009)
* Iron Maiden (live) -- Flight 666 (2009)

This is to coincide with the US release of the Maiden live film "Flight 666" on DVD, BD and CD!

Zalgo....he comes.
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Absolutely agree about that 'fiddle' music. Adds yet another layer of tension.

One note on Operation Flashpoint.

I had it for the PC, and always loved the 'openness' of the game. Missions could be completed in a variety of ways.

I once hid in a large grove of trees, and slowly crept out to find the enemy mounting search and destroy tactics. Eventually, I kept running from them, only to see black dots on the horizon. As I ran closer, I realized it was enemy paratroopers! None of it seemed scripted, and none of it was crucial to the mission.

Another occasion is that I would play a special level quite a bit.

It involved your character infiltrating a Russian camp, eliminating the hostiles, and leaving. It was fun and challenging. At the end of the mission, a black helicopter would come to exfiltrate you.

So, after completing the mission I decided to kill the pilots, steal the heli for a joyride. Sure enough, I could. I managed to circle the camp a couple of times, but kind of realized I wasn't flying to well, I 'jumped out' of the copter. A parachute opened up and I arrived back on the ground, safely.

Zalgo....he comes.
06-03-2009, 07:59 PM
A couple of gameplay vids:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht_t9RUYYUM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smuawDbi_sM[/youtube]
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
i just hope i live to see the day someone makes a sandbox open world zombie game, with slow zombies, where you have to eat food, barricade your safe house before you sleep, or even better before you stop playing. go in any building, pick up anything, hot wire cars. omg that would be that only game id need for my hole life. and of course multiplayer but not versus just have up to like four people in your world fighting zombies with you.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
deadrabbit Wrote:i just hope i live to see the day someone makes a sandbox open world zombie game, with slow zombies, where you have to eat food, barricade your safe house before you sleep, or even better before you stop playing. go in any building, pick up anything, hot wire cars. omg that would be that only game id need for my hole life. and of course multiplayer but not versus just have up to like four people in your world fighting zombies with you.

All they'd have to do is some conversion on the GTA 4 engine, and they'd have that same exact game.

Of course, "dead rising' had that 'sandbox' feel, but not quite to the extent we are talking about.

Zalgo....he comes.
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
very true, either gta or crackdown engine, im a big fan of the black outline crackdown has.

question is, first person, third?

i want a survival game not an action game. like a game where you try to avoid fights to save ammo, collect food and meds, fight off other survivers.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
I've never played Crackdown, although my British counterpart keeps telling me I oughta....

But yeah, third person works for me.

And I TOTALLY agree about the survival part. Goals should be to survive....to get to a defendable position, to stockpile goods.

Going out and looking for a fight would be possible, but completely idiotic. The passage of time, and real life consequences would be a fantastic twist too.

Imagine, you have to eat and drink water at certain intervals, you have to be aware of your mental state, aware of your ammunition count....

Oh man, I drool just thinking about it.

Missions could be like going out to the local grocery store to search for food....siphoning gas from abandoned cars, looking for survivors that you heard on the short wave radio, restore power to a section of the neighborhood....building a barricade.........WHEEE!!

Zalgo....he comes.
06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
HALO: REACH is an FPS - confirmed:

HALO:REACH

So, 'vike my prediction of a space combat game was way off!