Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
XBL News
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
RE: XBL News
It is still a solid idea!

The Battle for Reach, which was taking place moments before the discovery of the 1st Halo, was a gigantic space battle around the system of Reach.

The Humans had thought the defenses of Reach would be impregnable, but then the Covenant showed up with a gigantic Fleet of ships. They also were able to land a massive force to attack the land based generators for the orbiting MAC guns.

All the available Spartans were assigned to protect ground targets....While a small spartan grouping led by Master Chief were given a mission to retrieve a memory core (to stop the Covenant from finding Earth). All hell breaks lose, the Covenent 'glass' most of the planet, and presumably all the Spartans are killed.

The Master Chief, now on the Pillar Of Autumn, escapes into Slipspace only to end up at the First Halo Ring (thus starts Halo 1).

SO....if it is a FPS, I suppose it could be on the other Spartans as they battle on the ground. Or hopefully, it's a mix of levels between Spartans, and the Marines that are struggling to fight at well.

I still would love to see some space based ship to ship combat.

(I'm deep into the Halo 'mythos' right now....can you tell?)

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Xbox 360 - 6 more glorious years??

360 to stick around to 2015
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Here is the trailer for Assassin's Creed 2. Looks great:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkCPNECud8[/youtube]

MY partner Kath really likes the idea of the setting as she loves Venetian Masks and owns some genuine ones.
06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
New Fallout 3 DLC trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5uSZ7REcWg[/youtube]

I had only heard of the first 3 bits of DLC and even more surprising according to the end of the trailer its out on the 23rd!
06-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Well.....Fallout seems to be have the most committed folks to the DLC I've seen.....

I really like that!

Zalgo....he comes.
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
deadrabbit Wrote:very true, either gta or crackdown engine, im a big fan of the black outline crackdown has.

question is, first person, third?

i want a survival game not an action game. like a game where you try to avoid fights to save ammo, collect food and meds, fight off other survivers.

What about a proper (not what's out there at the mo) Zombie Outbreak MMORPG. Something like a World of Warcraft but set in a near-future, zombie ridden world.

You would start out on your own with the bare minimum of equipment etc., you could meet up with others and band together.

You could find area/ buildings and fortify them and use them as a base and then maybe attack others for their equipment.

I think this would be a great game...now if I only had the know how!!
06-05-2009, 05:15 PM
SAW: THE VIDEOGAME demo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwbB3szZUZc[/youtube]

Not sure about this. If the puzzles are very good and intelligent it could be good.
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Rogue Warrior Trailer (with Mickey Rourke voiceover):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqpMwE-hcw0[/youtube]
06-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Boycott called against Left 4 Dead 2:

L4D2 Boycott

I think this is ridiculous!

A Call of Duty game comes out every year and no one complains!

EA release a Fifa game every year, sometimes 2 a year if its a World cup year and no one calls for a boycott.

I personally look forward to L4D2 and will be buying it for sure!
06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Zombie67, the difference being that CoD and the sports games are not Valve. People also expect them to have annual releases, and don't expect support. On the other hand, much was promised for L4D -- expansions, some long-term support with decent patches, etc. The quick and rapid development of L4D2 prevents those.

Moreso, such a short development cycle for the sequel (to come out in November) means that it WILL CERTAINLY be a lesser product: less polish, less features and newness, less deep story and characters, etc. Again, this is expected of other publishers; but Valve has a certain (I feel, unmerited, but I'm the odd one out) reputation of quality that they're expected to uphold: one that an annual release cannot even hope to reach for than to obtain.