Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
01-20-2012, 07:24 AM
RE: YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
My wife just got this game for me a few days ago for my b-day. I played through the first one, and it was sweet. When I threw this game in, I noticed that it started very differently from the original game. Then it throws you into a panic'd situation, where you are running for your life. I have not had such an intense and engaging intro to a game quite like this. Totally thrilling!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2012, 12:05 AM
(11-30-2011 03:03 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(11-29-2011 05:46 PM)YrNotYrKhakis Wrote:  I was thinking of checking this game out but was a bit unsure. Is it a lot better than Dead Space 1? Is there a lot of gore throughout or genuinely scary/creepy through atmosphere, tension, music...etc? I think I'd enjoy it more if it was the latter. Is it worth buying at $60 or renting?

It is better technically in every way than Dead Space. Although storywise Dead Space had the edge. The atmosphere, tension and music is second to none it is probably in my opinion the scariest game ever. (yes even more scary than Silent Hill 2). There's plenty of scares trust me! Play in the dark with surround sound or earphones and I s*!t you not you will be proper freaked out and jump outta your skin at times! I'm sure you can get this game cheaper than $60 if you try Amazon or something. Buy it.

Hope this helpedZombie13

I found Dead Space to be scarier. The ammo drop rate in Dead Space 2 is higher, you can impale enemies using objects found lying around and various other aspects of the game made the combat less intimidating at times. The zero G combat in Dead Space was ferocious in space. Enemies were come at you from everywhere meanwhile you only have limited oxygen and you have to accomplish your objective. Plus, since enemies primarily use the vents to get around, you freak out whenever you have to walk by one.

I do agree with you that Dead Space had a better plot overall. There were parts in Dead Space 2 that were kind of weird and felt poorly done. The character development and interaction definitely made up for it though.

(To be honest, I think the holes in the plot are there on purpose and are going to explained in the next game)
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I had the first one, couldn't get past the part in the beginning where you had to get the lift up or something like that. The game was giving me anxiety attacks. So I traded it in.
I could tell it was an awesome game though. But it might be better for me to watch someone else play it lol