Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
07-04-2011, 11:32 AM
RE: YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
(07-04-2011 08:08 AM)atramagus Wrote:  I can't wait for the Steam sales around the holidays... hopefully I can get it cheap hehe. I absolutely loved the first game, and can't wait to try this one.

If you loved the first you're in luck. Dead Space 2 absolutely rocks! It's a must buy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Finally finished it! Just on the 'normal' mode.

I don't know how I feel about this game.

1. Love the story, love the imagery, love the weapons, the upgrades, the bizarreness.

2. At times they make the game so unfreakinbelivably hard that it's just frustration. Towards the end, when the monster that reanimates itself appears and begins to chase you, I almost gave up the game completely.

I know they are going for thrills and closecalls, but egads! I don't want frustration.

The game puts me on edge so much that I both dread and enjoy playing it. The zero-gee stuff was brilliant.

I think, however, the thing that would have helped me is to have some levels with very little 'monster' interaction. It would have helped the pacing...but I realize this is a survival HORROR game. It certainly does that.

Another thing I'd really love to see a game set in this universe as more of a Sci-Fi action game. I really enjoy the setting and the visuals, and would love to see that protrayed in a non-horror setting.

I can't believe you finished it on Zealot level! That's insane.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah that reanimating thing is a pain in the butt.

But that is also what Dead Space is about. In the first game it also said that it is about survival and not about winning every battle. It's ok to run. Watchmen02

There was something similar in the first game. You got chased by a big ass monster that rams trough everything. And you had to slow it down by moving closets in several rooms while you were trying to get out. That was intense Watchmen02

I think I will need to restart the game and go for a different aproach on the last "monster".
I didn't expect the ending to be there yet so I am not armed enough to take on the last one. Insane19
And I'm such a dweeb because I just write over every last saving I did so I don't have an earlier back up to fall back to Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 06:15 PM by Mr. ONEarm.)
I dug the hell outta Dead Space 1 and 2 but my Thor, Dead Space 2 was so freaking hard of course I play with one hand but still was a brutal ass game... I about through my controller through the tv several times! But I felt so good after I beat it there is nothing like working your way through a hard ass game and finishing it... I had a congratulatory/well deserved cig and a beer after I beat it! But I will say if you have a chance play it with some good headphones it's so much creepier especially the first Dead Space!
(07-06-2011 08:46 AM)Emp Wrote:  Yeah that reanimating thing is a pain in the butt.

But that is also what Dead Space is about. In the first game it also said that it is about survival and not about winning every battle. It's ok to run. Watchmen02

There was something similar in the first game. You got chased by a big ass monster that rams trough everything. And you had to slow it down by moving closets in several rooms while you were trying to get out. That was intense Watchmen02

I think I will need to restart the game and go for a different aproach on the last "monster".
I didn't expect the ending to be there yet so I am not armed enough to take on the last one. Insane19
And I'm such a dweeb because I just write over every last saving I did so I don't have an earlier back up to fall back to Watchmen02

Always keep saves! :P
07-07-2011, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 06:48 AM by Emp.)
I play it with a 5.1 surround headphones Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-07-2011, 11:23 PM
(07-07-2011 06:47 AM)Emp Wrote:  I play it with a 5.1 surround headphones Zombie03

It's so epic! At first I was apprehensiveness about spending so much on a pair of Turtle Beach headsets but boy am I glad I did!
07-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Insane19 Can't afford the investment of a decent headset. But I just got the game and am looking forward to finishing it soon
07-10-2011, 03:08 AM
(07-08-2011 01:26 AM)Raynor Wrote:  Insane19 Can't afford the investment of a decent headset. But I just got the game and am looking forward to finishing it soon

You know I found a pair of wired 5.1 surround sound headsets that where excellent for $20 bucks on amazon but last time I checked I couldn't find them any more Insane19
08-12-2011, 06:19 PM
I've never heard of dead space. :gasp: OMG! But I decided to pre-order dead space two...I'm not the same anymore...I...wow...
08-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I just got the game 2 weeks ago and played through it a week ago and it was scary enough that my roommate who wasn't playing consistently had to leave the room during gameplay due to disgust. This is a game that picked horror, went with it and completely makes it worth it.

This is probably a bit late to be posting but what was everyone's weapon loadouts? i preferred the javelin as my main weapon, assault rifle for small enemies, line gun for large groups and wall guys and the ripper for close range and when other weapons became low on ammo.

PS 7.1 surround sound wins out