Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You HAVE to listen to this . . .
05-01-2009, 03:14 AM
You HAVE to listen to this . . .
This is a very revealing trade show interview with Scott Hill, from The Ogre Cave at http://ogrecave.com/newsupdate/?p=28

Here are some highlights -- I'll just report the facts, and give opinion later.

Something Wicked -- four new villains, and a new gameboard which doubles the current play area. It was a "major undertaking" with lots of makeup, artwork, etc., and will be available this summer.

AToE Hero Pack -- four new heroes, with character sheets and a few new cards.

LNOE: there are three new products.

Survival of the Fittest: three new decks, two for heroes and one for zombies. There's the "Unique Items" deck for specific items, with "antique revolver" as the example. A "Survival Tactics" deck -- two examples of cards: "duct tape," used to combine weapons and "Plan B" which states "Run!" The zombie deck is "Grave Weapons" which is a deck of weapons such as rusty axes, sickles, meat cleavers, machetes, pitch forks. Also things like "bloated body" and "wrapped in barbed wire" that make zombies "specifically vicious." $24.95 MSRP.

Zombies with Grave Weapons: specific zombie sculpts for use with "Grave Weapons" deck, with sculpts including a zombie holding a pitch fork and the "bloated body" zombie and the "wrapped in barbed wire" zombie. Seven new sculpts in two colours (for fourteen zombies). &24.95 MSRP.

Hero Pack 1: Four new characters with a "couple cards for good measure" Characters are Victor the Escaped Prisoner, Jade the Highschool Outcast, Mr. Goddard the Chemistry Teacher (based on MacGyver) and Stacy the intrepid reporter. $24.95 MSRP. All three will be out for Halloween.

And finally, the newly announced Invasion From Outer Space: the Martian Game. Coming out early 2010. Classic 50's style dome-head, bug-eyed aliens fighting "carnies" -- circus folk become the world's first line of defense. The aliens fight the likes of a Ring Master, Contortionist, Human Cannonball, Fire Breather, Bearded Woman, and "Jo-Jo the Dancing Bear," a seven-foot bear in a pink tutu whom you can play as. The game uses the LNOE ruleset, which means the games are compatible -- Woodenvale can battle martians, zombies can battle martians, and even all four "factions" can fight each other.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 02:46 AM
RE: You HAVE to listen to this . . .
oh boy LNoE and IFOS is the only thing i care about!my wife is hyped up too.
05-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Something Wicked has that "Summer 2009" release date...which probably means by Christmas Insane19

How about the LNoE stuff?
I can't seem to find a release date anywhere...even one unreliable!
Just an idea is all I am looking for! hehe...
05-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Hullo!

I believe it to be Halloween this year. Think Jason mentioned it in a post on bgg...

Cheerio,
SovTech

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]