Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide Black Plague OD style
03-20-2016, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 12:15 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Zombicide Black Plague OD style
Just ran my first solo of Z:BP intro Quest Danse Macbre and
really loved it. I only used 2 Survivors as I wanted to keep
this simple the first time out. To help balance the game for
fewer than 6 players I used the home rule suggested on BGG
of deleting a Spawn Zone. I also didn't strictly follow the
rotation of first player.

I'm using the Game World of the OoP Midnight RP Game as
background (see below) so the Terms used for Zombies is
changed to fit into that world.

The following material allows the Game Zombicide-Black Plague(ZBP) to be converted to the Midnight Game World
of Aryth ,specifically the city of the dead Cambrial.

ZBP is set in the Earth's European Dark Ages but includes Elves & Dwarves so it's background is stretched to include these Fey Races
in an historic setting( Zombies & Necromancers already strain the suspension of disbelief but their doable ).Orcs are even mentioned
via an Orc Bow weapon.

However all the races plus the Dark Age setting really fall into place if there placed in the world of Midnight. A world were evil
has conquered & a few survivors struggle to stay alive & resist.

Cambrial once a major city in Southerland Erenland was seduced by the Sunulael a former Chief Acolyte of the Sorshel now rules
the city as a Night King and Chief Legate of the fallen God Izrador Shadow Faith. The Armies of Izador spared no life in taking
Cambrial leaving Sunulael and his followers a city of corpses & blood.

The new Night King fortified a section of the City to house his followers and slaves leaving most of the city to the Fell, the rising dead
suffering the Veil of Izrador *. The hungry dead made the city so dangerous even the Orcs who made up the bulk of the Shadow Army
retreated to the outskirts rather than plunder. Thus Cambrial remains a treasure house of goods, weapons and even scarce magic lore
from the deserted School of Wizardry.

The Legates control the Fell through Necromancy and send them forth to reinforce the Shadow Armies attacking the Elves of Erethor
Forest and the Dwarf Holds in the Kaladran Mts. The only regions of Aryth still holding out against the Shadow now that humanity
has been crushed.

Human resistance is however not dead groups of survivors still lurk Erenland aided by passive subversion of the enslaved human
populace and free outlaw bands . Unplundered Cambrial with it's streets and armories filled with discarded weapons and it's untouched
graineries is a prize to tempt the free forces to dare slipping by the Orc Garrison forces & the shambling Fell of the city. A few brave
survivors are also still are to be found in the city itself dedicated to revenge by sabatoge and killing the hated Fell and their Legate
controller.

* Veil of Izrador- When the Evil God Izrador was defeated and his essence were banished to Aryth it broke the connection been the Gods
and Aryth. Izrador was sealed out of the heavens but the Gods were sealed out of Aryth. Thus the souls of the dead were blocked from
ascension to the celestial kingdoms. Thus the souls returned to their bodies and the dark influence of Izrador caused them to rise up
with a terrible taste for flesh. The Necromancy of the Legates of the Shadow Faith allows them to control & direct these doomed
creatures.

The following Terms are adjusted from BP to the Cambrial Setting:

Walker Zombie= Fell
Runner Zombie= Ungral
Fatty Zombie=Faengral
Necromancer=Legate
Abomination=Abomination
Wolfz and Crowz=Astirax*

* incorporeal creatures created by Izrador
as familiars for Legates. They can posses
animal bodies. Prolonged possession will
causes the animal to rot.

Survivors:

Ann-Sarcosan Nun Sister of Sorshel, Dal Colia Order formerly of the Badura (Temple) of Cambrial

Nelly- Dorn originally a servant in the household of the Wizard Baldric now a battle hardened warrior

Silas-Snow Elf Warrior sent by Witch Queen to spy on the Shadow forces in Cambrial

Clovis-Dorn from House Sedrig in White Cliff Merchant trapped in Cambrial when the city fell.

Samson-Dwarf of Clan Kurgan mercenary trapped in Cambrial when city fell.

Baldric-Sarcosan Wizard former instructor at Cambrials School of Wizdary.

FYI:

Dorn-human from Northern Erenland
Snow Elf-Elf from the Veradeen Northernmost forest of Erethor the elite of Elven warriors
Sarcosan-human from Southern Erenland

---------------------------------------------------------

Baldric's Journal

1st Shareel, YS 1

Today I killed my student & start this journal perhaps it will help me keep
my sanity in this horror that now passes for life.

Tobias was his name, a bright lad from Eisin so anxious to learn the spells
and disciplines of Wizardry. I had returned to my old classroom at the School
of Wizardry to try to retrieve some books; I had managed to avoid any
encounters with the Fell so entering the School I felt safe.

Alas I had let my guard down in my search of the Library and only the fact
that Tobias or rather the thing that had become Tobias stumbled over my
stack of books saved me. Before it could get up I crushed it's head with my
staff. I fled the School in panic and I'm afraid I may have revealed my hideaway.

Probably it's best that Nelly and I leave this place for another hidey hole before
the cursed Legates sense us.

I must warn the others not to come here in case this place is now being watched.
Yes there are others who still dwell in Cambrial besides Nelly who a year ago was
just my housekeeper but being from a Dorn Warrior Clan was trained in arms and has become
my protector. Silas spies for his Queen to keep the Elves informed when a new
mustering of the Fell are being sent against the Elves. Samson the Dwarf and the big
Dorn Clovis were trapped here when the city fell now hunt the city for ways to
disrupt the plans of Shantelus Ereach the Greater Legate who runs the Cambrial
for the Night King Sunulael. The last of my group Ann a Nun now possessed of
a obsession to kill Fell & Legates that violated her Bodura by turning it into a obscene
Laboratory where Abominations are created from the dead flesh , she can be dangerous and
reckless .

There are others who evade the Orc Garrison around the city to try to secure weapons
and supplies under the noses of the Fell and indeed there must be other survivors
but I have not come across them.

The hour grows late and Nelly has prepared our poor fare for supper I must discuss
my plans to leave this place time is not on our side.

2nd Shareel, YS 1

Just a quick note as Nelly collects materials I'll need to take. It's time to leave, perhaps
I have waited too long , the false dawn has revealed Fell gathering in the street. Our only hope
is to make it to the Laboratory of the Transmutation School where a Portal exist to the Merchant Quarter.

Alas to get to it we must navigate through the School of Magic to the underground vault passage
and then finally across the outer court yard to the Tower. The School was barricaded & locked up
when the Shadow forces took the city so we'll need to break our way through. I do have a key to
the Reading Room entrance across the street but Procter Danibel was to give me his key to the
Portal laboratory for safekeeping but in his hurry to flee told me he dropped it somewhere in the
outer courtyard. Hopefully we'll be able to find it as the laboratory is sealed forever without the key.

I go now to my rooms adjacent to the Laboratory of Greater Evocation to retrieve the key to get us into the
reading Room while Nelly keeps the Fell at bay.

Late afternoon we survived our Danse Macabra this morning and am now safe in the merchant Quarter,
at least as safe as one can be now days. We have left coded signs to let the other members of the group
know our new location. Our flight this morning took only about 3 hours but it has left both Nelly and I
exhausted.

I had retrieved the key to the schools Reading Room while Nelly eliminated the Fell who had been lurking
in the street outside the Reading Room. Then joined Nelly back in the street. Then our Luck ran out and
and 2 Fell had spotted up from up the street, Nelly using the key entered the Reading Room and encountered
2 more Fell & killed one. I joined her sending the other Fell back to Hell with a Magma Blast.

The 2 Fell from the street moved toward the Reading Room easily hearing our noise then from the distinctive
groans it became clear that a Faengral had joined the pursuit. Nelly did a quick search of the room and
found a hand crossbow which she used to kill one of the Fell outside the door. She attempted to break down the
door to the Faculty Reading Room but failed then gave the hand crossbow to me and I managed kill the other.
I could hear the Faegral outside and desperately looked about for a weapon that could be used against its
shambling bulk. Alas I only found a Great Sword a powerful weapon but not enough to overcome a Faegral
and the creature was now in the doorway. The creature was now at the doorway.

I tried another search of the Reading Room and thankfully found a crossbow and used its killing power
to take down the Faegral, we were free of the undead for now. Nelly with some breathing space look
around again and found a scroll with a Healing Enchantment which she turned over to me. Her attempt
to break down the door to the Faculty Reading Room failed so it was fortunate that we had no active
pursuers.

At this point we were trapped unless we could break through to the next room which led to the Storage Room
and the Herb Cellar which contained the Vault entrance that ran to the East Wing of the School. This
time using my powerful great sword I broke down the door which revealed a very hungry Faengral which
I took down with my crossbow and then moved into the cleared Faculty Reading Room. Nelly kicked now
kicked the door to the storage room which contained 2 Fell and was surprised by 2 Fell and a Ungral, she
attacked with her hand crossbow but missed .

The things surged forward the Ungral attacked me leaving a nasty wound but I cleared the room of all 3
of them with my great sword an stepped over the carnage to the Storage Room. Nelly followed me in
looked around and found some leather armor which she put on and then entered the Herb Celler. We
again were safe with no undead on our heels.

I broke the Vault door using my great sword again, and entered the Vault and then switched my torch
for the Healing Scroll from my backpack ,spoke the Enchantment and healed my wound. Nelly followed
me into the Herb Cellar and down into the Vault.

Following the Vault tunnel I came to the exit and broke through to the Vat room and entered and was
set upon by 4 Fell which I slew and advanced to break open the door to the street. Nelly followed me
and moved around the square looking for the lost key to the Laboratory of the Transmutation School .

I then moved out into the street and as Nelly was searching for the needed key to the West of the square
I turned East to search and found the key then in the distance I heard the groans of the Fell but they
seemed to be on the other side of the school and not an immediate threat.

Now with key in hand I moved to the Laboratory and unlocked the door to be met by 2 Ungral which
I dropped with my crossbow. Nelly moved next to me and as we both anxiously check the street
for more Fell again the groans were getting louder but nothing was in sight.

With nothing to stop us we entered the Laboratory and activated the Portal to safety.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply