Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide - I took the plunge
04-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Zombicide - I took the plunge
Well, it had to be done!

I put some of the money from my eBay sale and bought Seasons 1&2 and the Toxic City Mall expansion of Zombicide.

Having been reading up on it I think I am really going to enjoy it. I think they have got the game mechanic of the mindless zombie perfect, something I always felt LNOE didn't get righT because if you play against a very strategic player, like my other half Kath is, the Z's are anything but mindless.

What this does mean is between the different types of Z, the Survivors and Zombivors I am going to have 200+ minis to paint.....bliss!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2015, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2015 11:30 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: Zombicide - I took the plunge
I enjoy Zombiced but soon found it repetitive - go to one end of the board to find the green key, then back to the other end of the board to open the green door. I also don't like the super weapons that are available and the idea that a killed hero turns into a 'good' zombie.

I do like the 'reality' of LNOE where heroes start with few weapons and it's a very bad idea to fight a zombie without weapons. To me the intelligent human controlling the zombies simply reflects the zombies you encounter in the game / story / film. You don't need loads of unseen and unused models cluttering the board.

Unfortunataly most of my casual players prefer Zombicide - but I'm hoping to win a few over tomorrow with a BitF scenario as non-urban zombie scenarios are unusual.
04-25-2015, 12:52 PM
I have the base Game (CSI had a nice prerelease deal) & agree it does project the mindless
Zombie Horde better than any other Zombie Game that I'm aware of.

What keeps me from really liking the Game is rather dumb- the damn building Tiles. It
just bugs me that buildings have bathrooms opening to the street or in otherwise inappropriate
locations within buildings. You would think a little more care in designing the building
tiles would have been taken.

Z67- Have fun painting !

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Cheers guys for the comments.

Achtung, I think my real problem with LNOE is that as the Z player knows the objectives, they are bound to play to stop those objectives being met.

So you gave "mindless" zombies guarding the objective, such as the truck, no matter what the heroes are doing...and indeed how much noise they are making elsewhere.

The noise mechanic in Zombicide seems to really work well, it reminds me of the Dawn of the Dead scene with the heroes banging on the ground floor windows of the store to attract the Z's down.
04-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Heh, I've considered picking up Zombicide a few times but am indecisive. After reading this thread I am still indecisive Watchmen02 The actual mechanic of the Zombie sounds good, but now I'm concerned about replayability.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-26-2015, 09:30 AM
Check out the Zombicide website, they regularly add new scenarios. Currently there are 40+ on there for the base game alone.

The other thing that appeals about Zombicide is that the rules are fairly open, so you can add and takeaway things as you'd like - Zombivors making it too easy, don't use them etc.
04-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Zombicide does have a lot of replayability ,I just have the Base Game & there are enough Scenarios to
keep you going & it's well supported with extra web material.

The Expansions of course add even more to keep the Game experience fresh.

OD

04-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Well, my minis are washed and dried, ready to prime:

[Image: image.jpg1_zpsrvitvkph.jpg]
04-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Z-67-See you in July Watchmen02

Can't wait till you post up the painted pics-my bet is sometime
this Summer- how long do you think this will take you?

OD

04-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Ah, I should have them all done by the end of the week! Zombie03 Zombie17

I am just about to pop out to the shops to get some Army Painter Colour Primer Sprays, so that should speed me up a bit.

I'll post as they get finished.