Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide - I took the plunge
04-27-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Zombicide - I took the plunge
(04-26-2015 09:58 PM)zombie67 Wrote:  Well, my minis are washed and dried, ready to prime:

[Image: image.jpg1_zpsrvitvkph.jpg]

Unholy gods, that is a shittonne of minis!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2015, 04:52 PM
(04-27-2015 01:33 PM)zombie67 Wrote:  Ah, I should have them all done by the end of the week! Zombie03 Zombie17

I am just about to pop out to the shops to get some Army Painter Colour Primer Sprays, so that should speed me up a bit.

I'll post as they get finished.

Ah the Army painter Primers - I've used their paints & inks
but never tried their Primers. I was thinking of using them on
several upcoming projects as they look like they would speed
thinks up.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-30-2015, 06:44 PM
I, myself, LOVE Zombicide. My gaming group does as well. They also happen to love Last Night On Earth as well, so we certainly shouldn't feel like we are cheating on our beloved LNOE by loving Zombicide as well. LOL!

I think Zombicide and LNOE actually compliment each other very well as a tag team of games to play together. They are different in the perfect ways to feed your zombie love from both sides.

- Where LNOE is more gritty and real like a zombie movie, Zombicide is more cartoony and exaggerated like a zombie video game.

- Where LNOE is competitive (Hero players vs. Zombie players) Zombicide is cooperative (the zombies are controlled by a game mechanic and the Survivors all work together to try to beat each scenario).

- In LNOE, it is a good idea for the heroes to try to avoid zombies if they can, rather than try to go out of their way to fight them. In Zombicide, it is a very good idea to kill zombies all the time, and in fact, a very bad idea not to kill them.

There are a bunch of reasons why I think these games are so awesome and perfect in different ways. In my personal opinion, both are like the perfect zombie board game for different types of zombie fun. LNOE for a more robust, and theme-driven almost story-telling type game. More of a horror feel. Zombicide for a more fast-paced, action packed, kill a bunch of zombies type game. More of an action adventure feel.
07-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Well, I took the plunge and went for the new Black Plague KS with a bunch of add-ons! Much of my decision was based on the comments made here in this thread. The game intrigues me. I have never played it and now I'm eye-balling the base game and seasons 2 and 3 stuff. I think the "mindless" thing would suit my game group very well. I can't wait to introduce it now.

One problem I have with it though, being somewhat of a competionist, is it bugs the crap out of me that there is so much add-on content. All the guest artist survivors turn me off - because I have avowed to not chase after them in trying to complete the collection...but that monkey will never stop beating me on the top of the head. Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
07-13-2015, 02:01 AM
ATOEtalGeek ' Wrote:  One problem I have with it though, being somewhat of a competionist, is it bugs the crap out of me that there is so much add-on content. All the guest artist survivors turn me off - because I have avowed to not chase after them in trying to complete the collection...but that monkey will never stop beating me on the top of the head. Watchmen02

I agree with you completely. I also think that using Kiskstart for a well established game is BS!
07-13-2015, 03:09 AM
(07-13-2015 02:01 AM)August700212 Wrote:  I also think that using Kiskstart for a well established game is BS!
Totally agree, but what are you to do if that's the only way to get the KS Exclusive stuff? It's usury and highway robbery man.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
07-17-2015, 08:43 PM
I agree with you on all the guest artist boxes. I found that kind of annoying this go around. I like owning everything, and I know if I decide to skip something I'm just going to wind up wanting it later. They way overdid it on the guest artists this time, though. There was nowhere near enough of the proxy characters like they normally do. A shame, too, because there was so much they could have done.

The other times there were a few guest artists and that was cool. Some of the guest artist characters are awesome. This time around, they all just kind of hit me as "meh." I'll see when I get them if they are any good. Sometimes they don't seem that intriguing but wind up being bad arse in game.

I also get what you mean about using KickStarter for a game that is already well known and popular. Still, if they didn't, they might not be able to do all of the awesome KickStarter exclusive characters they tend to do, so I'd personally rather they stick to KS. You notice they never release all the proxy characters for sale after the KS. Without KickStarter, we would never have been able to have proxies for characters like Ash from The Evil Dead, Tallahassee from Zombieland, Hannibal Lectar, Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, and so many other awesome characters like that.