Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide Season 3
07-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Zombicide Season 3
Zombicide Season 3 is out on Kickstarter. Since I've already spent way to much money on Season's 1 and 2, I think I'm going to sit this one out. I wanted to get the corrected Dashboards, but $100 is a bit too steep for that. Plus, there aren't any good optional buys for my bonus $10 (no extra map tiles).

Other than the team mechanics, this season doesn't seem that interesting. What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Zombicide Season 3
I have been sitting on the fence as to whether I wanted LNOE or Zcide. I figured when the season 3 Kickstarter came out it might make the decision for me... Nope.

I do like the crawlers and the vast array of other Zeds though.
The new A-bomb Abominations with their grabby arms seems interesting. But you are right, the team mechanic and team competition elements are ...Meh. Same with the henchmen... I mean neighbors.

On an up note, you can pick and choose which rules you want to use in your game and the new maps aren't bad. I do wish I had known about the game for season two. Prison and Mall seem better.
07-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Having played both zcide and lnoe, both are lacking in some areas, zcide moreso, know is a better play, but I'm looking for something better, district z by this boards founder looks extremely promising, and my summer fun money is going into support on the district z kickstarter. If it plays out as goid as the promo art looks, it might be my game groups next board game mainstay this year. Good luck to us all.
07-05-2014, 11:11 PM
I picked up Zcide when CSI ran a Special right after the KS.It does a good job of creating
the growing Zombie Hordes effect but I didn't like the Exclusive KS figs.

I also had trouble accepting the Tiles it just seemed so unreal to have bathrooms
opening on to city sidewalks. In any case it was fun Game but I was never motivated
enough to keep up with the Expansions. CMoN has a real money pit going.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-06-2014, 12:48 AM
(07-05-2014 11:11 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I picked up Zcide when CSI ran a Special right after the KS.It does a good job of creating
the growing Zombie Hordes effect but I didn't like the Exclusive KS figs.

I also had trouble accepting the Tiles it just seemed so unreal to have bathrooms
opening on to city sidewalks. In any case it was fun Game but I was never motivated
enough to keep up with the Expansions. CMoN has a real money pit going.

OD

we said the same things about the odd building layout. we joked about building codes. Watchmen02

for the price.. it surely wasn't my favorite game...
07-07-2014, 04:08 PM
I absolutely love Zombicide. I missed the original KickStarter as well as Season 2. I wound up getting as much of the stuff as I could from eBay. Mind you, I refused to pay insanely high prices, but I definitely did pay more than I would have. So, I promised myself there was NO WAY I was missing out on Season 3. So, I pledged and am going to buy all the optional stuff.

Frankly, I still like Last Night On Earth ever so slightly better, but Zombicide is definitely a very close second.

The only thing I have to say is I'm a little underwhelmed by the new KickStarter exclusive characters so far. I mean, the Dr. House parody was cool. But, Chef Gordon Ramsey? Really? Then, a few others, I'm not sure I get who they are supposed to be, but that could just be me. Though, they did just add a Sylvester Stalone look-alike, and what I think is Liam Nieson from those "Taken" movies. So, that is pretty cool.

Still, when you consider all the awesome proxy characters we had last time (Hannibal Lectar, Tallahasse and Wichita from Zombieland, Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, Sean Connery, The Big Lebowski, and so many more) it seems a bit underwhelming so far this time. Mind you, I'm still crazy excited, and will get as much stuff as I can. I was just hoping for some cool new proxy characters.
07-08-2014, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 04:28 AM by SpoKnight.)
Audrey - Amy Farrah Fowler (Big Bang Theory)

Lucious - ?

Cat - Daisy Duke?

Doc - House M.D.

Patrick - Leonard Hofstadter (Big Bang Theory)

Jesse - Yea, could be Chef Ramsey.

Oksana - Laura Croft? Some other video game badass.

Seth - Also not sure if Liam Nieson or what.

Benny - Definitely Stalone.

Aside from that, I am always impressed with their sculpts. The VIP's look interesting.

I find it interesting that the previous Kickstarter attempt didn't hit and this one is flying high.
07-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Oksana is supposed to be the hero from the Resident Evil movies (played by Milla Jovovich - which is why I think they gave her the similar ethnic name of Oksana).

Seth is definitely Liam Neeson.

Not sure on "Lucious"
07-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Audrey I knew. Not a big fan of that show, though.

Kat, I wasn't sure. I think you may be right about Daisey Duke, though. That is what one of my gaming buddies thought.

Lucious, I really have no clue. My gaming buddy had a thought on that too, but I honestly forget what he said. LOL! Looks kind of like Neo from the Matrix movies, but Neo never had a beard. Usually these proxy characters are pretty dead-on, so I doubt they'd make him Neo, but add a beard.

Anyways, last time we got so many cool new promo characters. This time, I feel like we haven't gotten that many, and many of them aren't that great. But, hopefully some cool new ones will show up as either stretch goals or optional buys as the campaign continues.
07-12-2014, 02:53 AM
I believe Lucius is their take on Leon, from Leon: The Professional.