Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide vs. Zpocalypse
01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Zombicide vs. Zpocalypse
Alright I am overdue for another zombie board game...of course LNoE is still my favorite and as far as i'm concerned will probably stay there forever..but if YOU were to get another zombie themed board game which would it be? And it doesn't have to be zombicide or zpocalypse but a zombie themed game at that.

Perhaps getting Timber Peak and playing that as a standalone would be a good idea? I hear it's a little more fast paced and aggressive than original LNoE Zombie14 so maybe that's a good choice.

Let me know what you think! And obviously owners of any of these games pleaseeee chime in!!!

Happy Gaming!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Zombicide vs. Zpocalypse
My friend just bought City of Horror, which is a very fast paced Zombie apocalypse survival board game. It does involve some strategy but the game is pretty fun and very fast paced, as I said. Only a starting round followed by 4 more rounds. Each player is given a group of survivors to try to keep alive until the end of round 4. Each survivor is given a point value based on their abilities. You also get extra points for having medical supplies and food. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.
01-17-2013, 06:46 PM
(01-17-2013 06:09 PM)Anim8r Wrote:  My friend just bought City of Horror, which is a very fast paced Zombie apocalypse survival board game. It does involve some strategy but the game is pretty fun and very fast paced, as I said. Only a starting round followed by 4 more rounds. Each player is given a group of survivors to try to keep alive until the end of round 4. Each survivor is given a point value based on their abilities. You also get extra points for having medical supplies and food. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.

I own it as well but feel its a better "party game" since it's 3+ and more of a voting/back stabbing game.

I too am on the fence wondering if I should trade for Zombicide or wait for Zpocalypse (which could be forever)
01-17-2013, 07:35 PM
I saw zombicide at my local game store last night..hefty box..but price tag read $100...jeeze...

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-17-2013, 08:00 PM
(01-17-2013 07:35 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  I saw zombicide at my local game store last night..hefty box..but price tag read $100...jeeze...

Thats "full retail". Most vendors sell it for $70 such as "coolstuffinc.com". Did you play it? What are your thoughts on it?
01-17-2013, 08:17 PM
(01-17-2013 08:00 PM)LSD Wrote:  Thats "full retail". Most vendors sell it for $70 such as "coolstuffinc.com". Did you play it? What are your thoughts on it?

Nah didn't get to play it..didn't have time there. It sucks buying from random vendors sometimes though because its nice to put some money into the local stores..so I try and buy local..except for FanG...that one would have been a bit steep..same as zombicide though I suppose.

01-17-2013, 08:23 PM
(01-17-2013 08:17 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  
(01-17-2013 08:00 PM)LSD Wrote:  Thats "full retail". Most vendors sell it for $70 such as "coolstuffinc.com". Did you play it? What are your thoughts on it?

Nah didn't get to play it..didn't have time there. It sucks buying from random vendors sometimes though because its nice to put some money into the local stores..so I try and buy local..except for FanG...that one would have been a bit steep..same as zombicide though I suppose.

Well local shops shouldn't charge "full retail" IMHO. CSI has amazing customer service and my go to retailer as they also contribute to the gaming community by participating in the forums as well as doing review and pre-release videos.
01-17-2013, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 08:24 PM by Anim8r.)
Cool Stuff Inc, is actually located in my town. So I can just pop in there anytime to buy games. It's great!!
01-18-2013, 01:11 AM
(01-17-2013 08:23 PM)LSD Wrote:  
(01-17-2013 08:17 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  

Well local shops shouldn't charge "full retail" IMHO. CSI has amazing customer service and my go to retailer as they also contribute to the gaming community by participating in the forums as well as doing review and pre-release videos.

Okay okay okay you win Zombie17 i'll check them out. I've never gone through them for anything! Thanks LSD and Anim8r

01-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I pre-ordered Zpocalypse a few months back. So when I eventually get it I will report on it.

I like the idea of scavenging for items to build defenses that zpocalpse seems to offer, that is mainly why I chose it over zombicide.

That said, could sedition wars be considered zombies or at least space zombies? The strain look awfully similar to the undead to me:
[Image: product_77831.jpg]