Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Blues
04-20-2011, 06:07 AM
RE: Zombie Blues
You should, hopefully, be entering fights fairly often. Use those fight cards as quickly as you can. If you're really avoiding fights for some reason... then yeah, dump them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2011, 12:43 PM
(04-20-2011 12:27 AM)kinkomaster Wrote:  How about Fight cards? Hold those for the fights, or rotate them out?

Unless it's one that's pretty much going to guarantee you a kill ("Fighting Instincts"), toss it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Gavin, the reason that I ask is that the players have this penchant for running, and unless I yank a Shamble or Surprise Attack... I was chasing them all over the place. The fights come in bursts for me, depending if I could pin them in a building or not. You guys have suggested just sitting still, but is that wise? The guys I play with will search until they get what they want (shotgun... chainsaw... baseball bat) and then move on. I'll be the time limit helps out somewhat, but having 4 guys cruise thru the deck. I just wanted to know if you guys would hold those fight cards while waiting for them.

Oh... here's another question. Can a hero cross in front of a zombie diagonally? I figure that they can since zombies are slow, but I figured that I'd ask the experienced guys. heh heh
04-20-2011, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 05:49 PM by munkymuddface.)
(04-20-2011 04:23 PM)kinkomaster Wrote:  Oh... here's another question. Can a hero cross in front of a zombie diagonally? I figure that they can since zombies are slow, but I figured that I'd ask the experienced guys. heh heh

Yep, hero's can move diagonally through empty spaces. The only restriction for this is movement thru doors.

I think the tactic suggestions for ignoring the Heroes was geared specifically towards the Defend the Manor scenario. If you are aggressively going after the Manor and ignoring the Heroes, they will come to you and won't have time to search. Also, in this scenario, you can use Shamble to move AROUND heroes rather than to get TO them (as long as you are never adjacent to a Hero during the movement). Also, remind the Heroes that they cannot move and search in the same turn.

Regarding general play, if you struggle with Heroes running away, camping and searching, then try to plan for it early on. Scatter your initial zombies and place them in front of doors so that they have to stop and fight, burning a turn. EDIT: Stop reading this section here, I had a brain fart, and this next statement is incorrect. It might be a good idea to sit on Lights Out in this case. Rather than playing it on an arbitrary building right away just to use it, wait until they run away and get into the building. Then play it, and watch them have to scramble out and into another building.

With Fight cards, use them as quick as you can in Fights, even if it won't make much of a difference. This will get the card out of your hand without using up your 1 free discard.
04-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Whoa... wait a minute. I don't have my set here with me, so I can't refer to the card, but if you lay a Lights Out on a building... they can't search? (Unless they have a light source... lighter/ torch)

I do like the idea of setting up guards outside of buildings, tho. I only thought of blocking the door when I went in after them, but as soon as I was in the building... the little crapweasels would run out around me. I played a Trip card once on one of the little rats and they actually rolled better than the first time! What I wouldn't have given to be able to barricade them in with me! heh heh
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Lights out: Makes heroes move slower through the building (moving into/within the building ends movement).
Taken over: Prevents entering (and searching if already there).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
OOPS!!!

My bad. Forget all that crap that I said about Lights Out. Been a while (~2 weeks) since I've played. No idea why I thought that. Thanks for straightening that out MQStuot.... Sorry Kinko for the foncusion....