Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Campaign
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 01:16 PM by Spidey NZ.)
Zombie Campaign
This is Not really a Variant. just a collection of Games i played in a Row that really made the game feel thematic and Role playey (yeah it's a word).

I had some friends over for the day, and i thought i would treat them to a zombie Campaign, sort of like in dungeons and dragons.

I decided to let each player play their own Alone in the dark, one on one scenario, to establish what each survivor was doing when the out break happened. We played until we had 4 survivors. Some very interesting origin stories. The guys and gals were having a blast role playing their characters.

After that, we Played Escape in the truck with grave weapons. The survivors having met up now have to escape.

*any zombie heroes created or zombie betsies that were not killed, i continued in the next scenarios (they were random rolled to start)

Once escaped the heroes played the scenario We've got to go back. link below

We've got To Go Back Scenario

this was very fun, the hero players got to role play even more, even choosing new heroes or keeping their old ones as they having all escaped to the military base as stated in the scenario setup.
we had Victor and sheriff Anderson, Johnny and Becky return (victor having struck a deal for his freedom with Anderson for returning to help out.)

After a big battle and two heroes dying and the bio canisters in hand (Johnny being killed by a Zombie with the card fighting Instincts, and the zombie player using a Chainsaw). the heroes escaped.

The finale was the scenario, Plague Carriers. After returning the bio canisters, the scientist was able to discover which zombies were the Alpha Carriers. They must be destroyed to wipe out the plague. I used grave weapons for this scenario. The heroes also had the surprise zombie hero of Becky to deal with. The new four fought valiantly, but were overcome. It was a pretty epic final game, and everyone had a great day.

I suggest playing this campaign on a rainy day. Or maybe trying some of your own combinations. I know my buddies had a great time role playing characters and arguing when the card Bickering was ever played.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Zombie Campaign
Great idea! I only recently got the Growing Hunger expansion but really like the Alone in the Dark mini game and like the idea of using them before a main scenario.
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I have played several games in a row, keeping notes of what players had in equipment at the end of their last scenario.

Our group has gravitated to playing several characters. Until they die then chose a new one. Dead characters cannot come back...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2012, 12:59 AM
That is a really good idea for making a whole evening out of gaming. Although it may be too much time for drinking and things could get a little funny near the end.