Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Card Idea - Betrayal
11-23-2012, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 11:38 PM by LabRat.)
Zombie Card Idea - Betrayal
Card text should go as:

Sacrifice: Remove D3 Zombies from the board.

Play this card at the start of the Hero Turn on any space with more than one Hero in it and at least one of the Heroes have all but one of their Health boxes filled. That Hero immediately takes one Wound. (Hero's choice if there is more than one Hero with all but one of their Health boxes filled.)

"You trusted the wrong person..."

What do you guys think? Too powerful?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2012, 06:13 AM
RE: Zombie Card Idea - Betrayal
Interesting idea, but then what explains the two heroes working together again? I still think a scenario is a better option, have a hero go fully bad.
Find all posts by this user
11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
That is actually a really cool idea!

(11-24-2012 06:13 AM)RaidCasto Wrote:  Interesting idea, but then what explains the two heroes working together again? I still think a scenario is a better option, have a hero go fully bad.

If I'm understanding correctly, I think the idea is that the hero with one wound remaining takes a wound. In other words, that means they are dead. The part about heroes choice just means if there is more than one hero with only one wound remaining, the heroes can choose which dies. Therefore, the two heroes don't work together again because one is dead.

Though, LabRat can certainly correct me if I am wrong.
11-27-2012, 09:04 PM
(11-27-2012 08:59 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That is actually a really cool idea!

If I'm understanding correctly, I think the idea is that the hero with one wound remaining takes a wound. In other words, that means they are dead. The part about heroes choice just means if there is more than one hero with only one wound remaining, the heroes can choose which dies. Therefore, the two heroes don't work together again because one is dead.

You hit the nail right on the head, this was what I was going for. Pardon the bad phrasing Watchmen02

It's basically a Bickering that forces a Hero to kill a fellow Hero, ala Shane and Otis in Walking Dead.
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Ohhh...that IS a powerful card....but it makes sense now.
11-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I updated the wording of the card, maybe it's clearer now?
11-28-2012, 09:54 AM
It is clearer! I think that (pre-Timber Peak) there is very few cards that automatically gives a wound, and I would be vary of creating any (even though it both requires sacrifice and two heroes to be together). Secondly the card could very well be an auto-kill if used on students (dont know if this is intended), which can be avoided if you diminish the effect to only being able to hit unwounded characters.

Oh, btw. can we move this discussion to the variants section?

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]