Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Christmas
12-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Zombie Christmas
Are there any existing Christmas scenarios out there for the game?
I'm thinking some sort of variant on escape in the truck where the team starts at a sleigh (truck).

One person is VIP (Santa) and the others are elves. Objective is to get to the buildings and deliver presents and escape in the sleigh. Zombies win by killing Santa or preventing all the presents from being delivered before sunrise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Zombie Christmas
(12-17-2013 05:47 PM)ch82 Wrote:  Are there any existing Christmas scenarios out there for the game?
I'm thinking some sort of variant on escape in the truck where the team starts at a sleigh (truck).

One person is VIP (Santa) and the others are elves. Objective is to get to the buildings and deliver presents and escape in the sleigh. Zombies win by killing Santa or preventing all the presents from being delivered before sunrise.

Hell yeah, this sounds like a lot of fun! I'm gonna get out my graph paper and thinking cap and work on this. If only there were maps with some snow

Sometimes dead... is better
12-18-2013, 12:56 AM
keep this thread updated!

might have to come up with a santa magic power that can be used .. like entering a house easier.. ( chimney? )
12-18-2013, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 02:49 AM by ATOEtalGeek.)
You enter a building, flip over a number marker and it tells you how many "stockings" you have to fill in that "house". So that number of items/presents have to be delivered to that building.

The items/presents are stored at the sleigh. Santa can only carry two or three at a time.

Santa's elves/Townsfolk markers can help by carrying additional items.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-18-2013, 03:00 AM
can santa / helpers carry in some items on the first trip whenthe markers are flipped?
12-18-2013, 12:18 PM
(12-18-2013 03:00 AM)soundguy Wrote:  can santa / helpers carry in some items on the first trip whenthe markers are flipped?

I was thinking the same thing - yes - but it bears play-testing to see what's balanced.

12-18-2013, 02:14 PM
keep us posted!
12-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Nice to see some interest in this. Like I said in the beginning I'm still kind of floating some ideas and haven't tested any of this.

- Common lore is that Santa has a magical sack that allows him to carry much more than any typical person could. I'm thinking one of his abilities would be to carry additional items. I like the idea of using item/inventory slots for goods to be delivered as it gives it more a risk/reward feel.

- For the helpers/elves I'm thinking of doing a mix and match with the existing abilities/heroes. I hadn't originally thought too much about modifying them but I suppose it might be fun.

Couple ideas for possible abilities/penalties :

- Most pop culture lore points towards Christmas elves being masters of construction. If playing with barricades I'd think they may me able to erect them quickly. The other possibility is being able to repair the sleigh. (More on this after)

- Small and magical: Being the small magical beings that they are they might have some limited ability to avoid zombies.

- Reduced carrying capacity.

- Youth. I think their small stature would make them youth characters.

To add even more depth to the scenario I was thinking that instead of time running out as a possible end game condition would be to have the sleigh vulnerable to attack. I'm sure all that juicy reindeer flesh just sitting there would seem appealing to zombies so they might end up attacking the sleigh. You could use reinforcement markers to denote how much health it has before being destroyed.

For delivered presents. I'm thinking once the presents/stockings are filled it would yield a townsfolk ally in that particular building that would remain stationary (I'm going to have to double check the rules on the townsfolk as there are two different types of townsfolk helpers you can get).
12-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Thinking more on this - Santa needs to be the special character - so he should be like a Townsfolk but with maybe special powers - like going through walls with some die check - something to simulate going down the chimney. But the stockings only get revealed when he enters the buildings. The Heroes play the elves and help him deliver presents.

Here's an idea on the sleigh - the sleigh moves from rooftop to rooftop (building to building) on a random roll. Or maybe it starts at a random building and moves clockwise from one building to the next at the start of each Hero turn. When the sleigh with Santa aboard reaches a building with a stocking marker the marker is flipped and the qty is revealed. The Heroes have to retrieve the presents from the sleigh and deliver them to the buildings with stockings. They have to catch the sleigh or anticipate where it will be and intercept it in order to get more presents to deliver.

Santa starts on the sleigh. He can move off the sleigh and move independently. He can also intercept it and get back on. Stocking markers are only flipped in the presence of Santa - whether he is in the sleigh or on foot.

To win the Heroes must get all presents delivered, Santa on the sleigh and X number of elves on the sleigh before sunrise.

12-19-2013, 12:22 AM
I found a couple of Santa miniatures
First one by Copplestone Castings (No wonder Santa's always jolly!

Second one by Studio Miniatures. He's called Hogan.

There's a few more out there but these are the best IMO.
Hope this helps!