Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Grave Dead Rule Variant
05-09-2014, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 09:39 AM by DrkBlueXG.)
Zombie Grave Dead Rule Variant
LNOE: GH Rulebook says to "Roll a D6 once at the start of the game to determine which ability your Grave Dead have. Note that you only roll once to determine the ability that all of your Grave Dead have for this game." pg 5

This could possibly be changed to simply Zombie's Choice and place a Number Counter under the Zombie representing the number. But have a limit of 1 per type allowed on the board at any given time.
There are only 6 different ones. 7 if you're including Radioactive Zombies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: Zombie Grave Dead Rule Variant
Good thought. I like the idea of mixing the Grave Dead up a little and perhaps having all of them appear in a game. Here's an idea to add to it: The ZP could assign the number tokens beneath the Zombies face down so only he knows which is which - at least at the time of deployment. The Heroes don't know the Zombies ability until they fight it.

The Freshly Dead and Pack Mentality would be deployed face-up in any case because they affect movement and spawning.

So, start the game with the number tokens face down in the ZP area. When the ZP decides to spawn a GD he draws a token and looks at it. If it's a 3 or 5 he places it face up under the Z. Anything else he places face down - and it only become revealed when the Z is in a Fight.

It's a good idea to include Radio Active to have a 7th ability to match the 7 red models. Each model then will have it's own ability.

This all becomes very similar to Grave Weapons but it does have an element of surprise to it.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-09-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Zombie Grave Dead Rule Variant
Great idea for the Zombie player. Give the Heroes a chance.

What the hell am I saying? Slay them! Seriously though, it's a pretty cool idea as a house rule. Thanks for sharing. Some folks may wish to give it a shot.

"What the? There's something not right about that Zombie... it's AIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" (crunch, snap, rend)