Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Handgun
08-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Zombie Handgun
May or may not work well, but wanted to give it a try.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2012, 02:27 PM
RE: Zombie Handgun
Hi, I love it. Im sure many others wont, but i do.

Nice work

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
08-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Actually, I think it is kind of cool! I like it! Love the image too.

I know a lot of us aren't exactly keen on the idea of zombies with weapons. After all, zombies aren't smart enough to know what weapons are. That is why some people weren't terribly fond of the idea of the Zombies with Grave Weapons.

However, I always let it slide because I could thematically think of it like this...

They mindlessly picked up an object, not really knowing what it was, and mindlessly swing it at the still living humans, not really knowing that this may or may not have been the intention of the tool, but simply knowing that a heavy object may help them to defeat their foe, and get a tasty meal.

Anyway, my point being...

I could see letting this pass. Thematically, again, I could see it being explained that the zombie doesn't know what the gun is. He/she/it has no idea that it is a weapon. First, they mindlessly pick it up. Next, they fool around with it, maybe noticing that pulling on part of it (the trigger) makes it do something. That would be enough to say that the zombie may mindlessly try firing on the heroes, not really knowing what the heck he/she/it is doing.
08-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Good idea, and nicely executed. I like that it is a much lower chance to hit, and a higher chance to lose it.
08-28-2012, 06:29 PM
So I waste a search to make a zombie stronger? Insane19

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
(08-28-2012 06:29 PM)Orguss Wrote:  So I waste a search to make a zombie stronger? Insane19

I'm not sure I get what you mean. Who is wasting a search? I could be wrong, but I believe that is a zombie card, not a hero card. It would be in the Zombie Deck, and could be played if the zombie player(s) so chose to do as the card says.
08-28-2012, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 07:24 PM by Atraangelis.)
I love and appreciate the effort and look of the Card but...

I'm not a fan of the card.. It moves Zombies in my opinion away from the mindless machines they are to a more calculating evil being able to aim and think on how to manipulate the gun... We start to cross a line in my zombie dogma that i don't believe they(zombies) should be able to cross.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2012, 07:35 PM
(08-28-2012 07:23 PM)Atraangelis Wrote:  I love and appreciate the effort and look of the Card but...

I'm not a fan of the card.. It moves Zombies in my opinion away from the mindless machines they are to a more calculating evil being able to aim and think on how to manipulate the gun... We start to cross a line in my zombie dogma that i don't believe they(zombies) should be able to cross.

I definitely agree with your overall sentiment. That is exactly why I like to think of it (and the Zombies with Grave Weapons) thematically that they are only using the weapon mindlessly.

In other words, I explain around it thematically that the zombie does NOT know how to aim, how to manipulate the gun, etc. He/she/it is simply mindlessly messing about with it, and may just so happen to luck out in pulling the trigger while it happens to point in a direction beneficial to the zombie.

Hence, why beforetheyattack has the success rate for the zombie using the gun being so low, and the likelihood that the zombie will simply lose the gun being so high.

Think of it like this...

If you gave a monkey a gun, would he/she know how to use it? Probably not. (Okay, some can be pretty intelligent and can learn to use tools, but assuming the monkey just randomly picked it up...) But, that doesn't mean I'd want to stick around while that monkey had some fun with this shiney new object he/she found.
08-29-2012, 12:45 AM
http://youtu.be/ShPsD2kKUeg

This specific zombie, Bub from Day of the Dead, remembers how to use a gun after coaching/training.
Obviously, this card is not for everyone, but I like the idea of the Heroes having to deal with the added threat of a single zombie taking pot shots at them, which are very unlikely to hit, but probably unnerving all the same.
08-29-2012, 05:00 PM
The design of that card is clearly a human item card. It could have a zombie backing, but I mistook it for a a hero deck card that is given to a zombie.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.