Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Hero retains wounds?
07-17-2012, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 08:09 PM by StayPuft.)
RE: Zombie Hero retains wounds?
(07-17-2012 06:31 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 08:02 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(07-15-2012 08:19 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I believe it is. So make sure you take a normal Zombie model out of the pool for every Zombie Hero in play amd then replace it when the Zombie Hero model is 'killed'. Zombie Heros count towards the maximum of 14 models in play at any one time.

Actually, that brings up an interesting question. I think I will have to take that to another separate thread to make sure we get a separate answer.

You are correct that the zombie hero counts towards the total pool you count when deciding whether or not you can spawn new zombies that round. However, I had been assuming that this stopped right there. In other words, I didn't think it counted towards the total number of zombies you are allowed to have in play at once.

In other words, when rolling to spawn new zombies, if you have four zombies and one zombie hero, this is 5, but I always thought the zombie hero did not count towards the total of 14.

I posted a new thread, as I thought this was definitely an interesting question. If you want to follow it to see if we get an answer, do so here:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...14-zombies

Thanks for doing this. I've alsways thought that there was a maximum of 14 zombie models in play at any one time, including Zombie Heroes, but I can't recall where or if I've read this. Interesting to see if we get an official ruling.

It would appear that you are correct. :-) Good to know. So, yes, apparently it does count towards your limit. Meaning if you have one Zombie Hero, you can only have 13 regular zombies (or 6 if you are playing a game with two zombie players).

That is, at least with the base game, which is all I have so far. I think, if I recall, some of the expansions include scenarios that allow more than 14 zombies at once.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Is a zombie hero wounded every time they are fended off? Or only every time they would be killed, i.e. when doubles are rolled?
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
(07-17-2012 09:11 PM)Leonard Wrote:  Is a zombie hero wounded every time they are fended off? Or only every time they would be killed, i.e. when doubles are rolled?

Fended off means No Wound. Zombies and Zombie Heroes are only wounded in the normal way (higher roll and doubles) or with an Instantly Killed card affect.
07-17-2012, 09:48 PM
(07-17-2012 09:36 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(07-17-2012 09:11 PM)Leonard Wrote:  Is a zombie hero wounded every time they are fended off? Or only every time they would be killed, i.e. when doubles are rolled?

Fended off means No Wound. Zombies and Zombie Heroes are only wounded in the normal way (higher roll and doubles) or with an Instantly Killed card affect.

Exactly correct. Unless otherwise determined by a card or a hero's ability, zombies are only wounded with a roll of doubles, and even then only if the hero also won the fight (the hero must have a higher roll).

Technically, zombies are only wounded with a roll of doubles, it is just that most zombies (such as the normal zombies in the base game) only take one wound to die. However, with Zombie Heroes, they take however many wounds the hero character takes to die. So, one fight in which the Zombie Hero is defeated AND doubles are rolled would only result in one wound (again, unless otherwise changed by a card or hero's ability).

Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't just confuse you further. LOL! It is a bit of a complicated rule.
07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Just to clarify...

doubles means a hit... not a kill...

the zombies die because that's all you need to kill a zombie... a single hit. but there are some zombies stronger than that... so you must hit then multiple times or use some sort of weapon or effect that kills the prick.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-17-2012, 10:02 PM
^ thanks for the help everyone. Guess I've been playing this one wrong, I kinda figured though. The way I've been playing it, zombie heroes were actually weaker than regular zombies (as fended off 2/3 times meant death) didn't make much sense!
07-18-2012, 05:50 AM
(07-17-2012 10:02 PM)Leonard Wrote:  ^ thanks for the help everyone. Guess I've been playing this one wrong, I kinda figured though. The way I've been playing it, zombie heroes were actually weaker than regular zombies (as fended off 2/3 times meant death) didn't make much sense!

You'll soon learn to fear the zombie heroes Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Glad to help, Leonard! I am just happy that I am starting to be able to help answer questions, rather than to keep being the one asking them. LOL! The student is becoming the teacher. ;-)

This game is a lot of fun, and I have even more fun in trying to learn all of the specifics and nuances. :-)