Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Limit
05-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Zombie Limit
I'm sure this has been brought up before and I checked Trevs compiled rule list. I was reading through the rulebooks cause I forgot if Zombie Heroes had 1D6 or 2D6 fight Dice (still never found it, serious brainfart). Well, I found a passage that confused me, It said, "Zombie Heroes DO count when determining how many Zombies you have on the board."
Does this mean that, yes its a Zombie, but it doesn't count towards the number on the board cause its "special". Or does it mean, yes its a Zombie, and it counts towards your 14 total allowed on the board. If thats the case and you have 14 on the board already do you remove it?

I found this in both the base game rules and timber peak. I know my brain is working overtime already (I can smell the bacon), but what the DEUCE!!

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: Zombie Limit
I normally throw out the zombie limit when I play, having only 14 just didn't catch the feeling of hopelessness and dread to me. As far as your question, since their Zombie heroes and already have special rules specifically to them-Id imagine it shouldn't count towards your limit. Good question though,
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 08:16 AM
(05-03-2013 05:35 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  "Zombie Heroes DO count when determining how many Zombies you have on the board."

I'm pretty sure that's just for when you roll to determine whether you get to spawn new Zombies. Despite there only being 14 Zombie models for use, I'm pretty sure that the reason you couldn't find any actual rule limiting the number of Zombies on the board to that is because no such rule exists.
05-03-2013, 08:45 AM
I think I have found it before, just for the life of me couldn't find it tonight. I'll fall asleep tonight and it will hit me.. Your defiantly right, just wish some of these rules were worded a little better. I can see where issues like this could happen though, I've been pouring over and over what little I drew up for a scenario and I keep finding issues where I'm not clear enough. Spend too much time fixing all the little stuff it will never get finished..

05-03-2013, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 03:55 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
(05-03-2013 05:35 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  Does this mean that, yes its a Zombie, but it doesn't count towards the number on the board cause its "special". Or does it mean, yes its a Zombie, and it counts towards your 14 total allowed on the board. If thats the case and you have 14 on the board already do you remove it?

I've always played that there is an absolute maximum of 14 Zombies on the board in play at any one time (unless using Zombie Horde rule). If you create a ZH and you already have 14 zombies, the zombie player removes a normal zombie from the board. It's easiest to remove a zombie model from the pool as soon as you have a ZH.

This actually adds a tactical angle - the Hero player may choose not to attack / kill zombies if there are 14 on the board to keep any new ones from spawning pits which might be a danger regarding the scenario objectives.
05-03-2013, 07:25 PM
(05-03-2013 05:35 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  I'm sure this has been brought up before and I checked Trevs compiled rule list. I was reading through the rulebooks cause I forgot if Zombie Heroes had 1D6 or 2D6 fight Dice (still never found it, serious brainfart).

Others have touched on what you were asking, so I will clarify this part for you. Zombie Heroes are exactly like regular zombies except for two main differences:

1) They take the same number of wounds to die as they would have as a normal Hero.

2) They move D3 spaces each round instead of just 1.

So, as far as fight dice, they still only receive one fight dice (1 D6) unless you use a card to state otherwise. Likewise, in a fight, you can use any card you would have used on a regular zombie on your Zombie Hero (unless the card states otherwise).
05-03-2013, 07:41 PM
I might have been one that chimed in on that topic, but for the life of me I couldn't find it. My brain was in massive meltdown mode after working on my damn scenario all day... Thanks guys.. Watchmen02

05-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I, for one, can say I definitely know what it is like for your brain to feel in meltdown. ;-) Sometimes life is so darn busy that, by the end of the day, it is hard to remember your own name. LOL!
03-13-2015, 11:18 AM
I have scrutinized this carefully in the rules and in the material available on BGG, and I think it comes down to this:

When there's only one zombie player - they all count for rolling to find out whether or not you spawn. However, Zombie Heroes don't count against the number in the pool.

When there are two zombie players - you count all of the zombies that are "your color" (brown or green respectively) and you only count the other ones if they are under your control during THIS turn (odd vs. even turn numbers,) for the purpose of finding out whether or not you spawn. And again, Zombie Heroes cannot count against the number in your pool because the pools are separate colors and Zombie Heroes don't have a color.

Hope this helps!