Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Miniatues 28mm Index (with size comparison shots).
05-01-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 06:12 PM by sgiove.)
RE: Zombie Miniatues 28mm Index (with size comparison shots).
Funny, I just posted about the Wargames Factory zombie kits in my thread about my 3D game board project (Models & Painting section).

I agree that the Zombie Vixens (female zombies) are much better sculpts than the male version that this company produces. The male zombies were the first miniatures they made in their "Dark Futures" line and then produced the females about a year later (with the male and female heroes coming soon after). It seems they learned from their mistakes after this first set.

However, if you are willing to mix and match you can do some pretty easy conversions by adding the zombie arms and heads to the hero miniatures to make more unique zombie combinations (as well as better sculpted male zombies).

For those that are adding custom heroes to your game, the hero packs from Wargames Factory are great! Because you get to choose your own arms, heads, and accessories to add to the body sculpt, you can really customize the figure to look like the character you created. In addition to arms with hands that hold weapons, there is a good number of separately attached weapons (both hand weapons and firearms) on an "extras" sprue that you can glue into an empty hand.

Additionally, each box comes with three sprues of the same model bits. I like this because you can easy make a hero and then zombified version of the hero simply by choosing the same base sculpt but switching out the arms and either painting the face differently or changing the original hero's head to a head from the zombie set that is similar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 11:04 AM
(05-01-2014 06:07 PM)sgiove Wrote:  Funny, I just posted about the Wargames Factory zombie kits in my thread about my 3D game board project (Models & Painting section).

I agree that the Zombie Vixens (female zombies) are much better sculpts than the male version that this company produces. The male zombies were the first miniatures they made in their "Dark Futures" line and then produced the females about a year later (with the male and female heroes coming soon after). It seems they learned from their mistakes after this first set.

However, if you are willing to mix and match you can do some pretty easy conversions by adding the zombie arms and heads to the hero miniatures to make more unique zombie combinations (as well as better sculpted male zombies).

For those that are adding custom heroes to your game, the hero packs from Wargames Factory are great! Because you get to choose your own arms, heads, and accessories to add to the body sculpt, you can really customize the figure to look like the character you created. In addition to arms with hands that hold weapons, there is a good number of separately attached weapons (both hand weapons and firearms) on an "extras" sprue that you can glue into an empty hand.

Additionally, each box comes with three sprues of the same model bits. I like this because you can easy make a hero and then zombified version of the hero simply by choosing the same base sculpt but switching out the arms and either painting the face differently or changing the original hero's head to a head from the zombie set that is similar.

You are right on the sprues, I have little tubs of heads, arms and accessories - too many zombie parts not enough time to make a massive horde!

I am a keen converter and will be posting my pictures when I am happy enough with the work... which in my case might be some time Zombie23
05-28-2014, 02:26 PM
(05-28-2014 11:04 AM)UK_zombie Wrote:  I am a keen converter and will be posting my pictures when I am happy enough with the work... which in my case might be some time Zombie23

I look forward to seeing your workWatchmen02