Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Miniatues 28mm Index (with size comparison shots).
06-28-2011, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2022 11:31 PM by samuraitrev.)
Zombie Miniatues 28mm Index (with size comparison shots).
Prices are correct at the time of writing this. 03/04/2012. Note prices do not include postage. I will only include reviews from models/companies I own models from, I'm not going to talk about models I know nothing about. Remember although most companies say their models are 28mm scale they will vary slightly. A tall figure such as Frankenstein's monster isn't going to be the same size as a petite woman miniature. Same as real life we all vary in height.

Cold War Minatures

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.dic...r/dww.html White metal miniatures. Figure Scale 28mm. Price £1.75 for an individual figure or £7 for 5 figures (by buying a set of 5 you basically get 1 miniature free. Do the maths!). Based in the UK. 64 individual modern Zombies and 6 heroes. (1 is in pack DWW7).
Pros lots of variety for your games. You can choose them individually, quick service (I bought the full range and nearly finished 'em) perfect scale. My personal favorite Zombie miniatures.
Cons some have complained the figs. are a bit thin. Here's a painted example of mine. This example is 30mm.
I rate these 5/5

Hasslefree Miniatures

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/index.php White metal miniatures. Scale 28mm. Price standard £3.75 + vat. Based in the UK. 11 modern Zombies, 72 Heroes with extras miniatures sporting variant poses and weapons.
Pros Lots of Heroes some with different weapons and variant poses. You can pick individual models, some of the Heroes are lookalikes from films etc. I'll let you work 'em out. Some of the Heroes e.g Ray have their model after being Zombiefied (I love that!).
Cons from a sculpting and flash point of view none. I would like to see more tissue damage. A bit pricey if you buy a few.
I rate these 4/5
Here's a painted example of mine. This example is 26mm.

Heresy Miniatures

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/undead.htm White metal miniatures. Scale 28mm. Price £6 for a pack of 4 Zombies. 15 Zombies which can be used for fantasy or modern (just one I had to snip off his helmet horns).
Pros perfect for Zombies with Grave Weapons you get a Crawling Torso, Rusty Axe and a Sickle Zombie. These guys from a realism/anatomical point of view are faultless the scuplts are beautiful and I recomend them. I use two of the naked Zombies as Stench of Death Zombies too! I easily converted the guy with the horns to hold some dynamite for my Explosive Zombie. They still work out at £1.50 a fig. Heroes are quite futuristic but could still be used.
Cons have to be bought in packs.
I rate these 5/5
Here's an example of mine. This example is 28mm.

Eureka Miniatures

http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=...51&sort=3a White metal miniatures. Scale 28mm. Price AU$ 2.95 per figure or AU$ 27.50 for the set of 10. Also AU$2.95 (for the emerging from a barrel) Zombies. Based Australia. 16 Zombies .Loads of military figs. from all over the world e.g swat teams etc.
Pros very little flash. great tissue damage these guys have been dead a loooong time. A good set to use as Zombie Grave Dead as they are quite unique. You could use these for any period modern or fantasy as they're less than naked humans!
Cons None I can think of!
I rate these 5/5
Here's an example of mine. This example is 29mm.

Four A miniatures

http://www.fouraminiatures.com/page4.htm White metal miniatures. Scale Zombie in Suit 30mm, Bloated Body 32mm Zombie with Axe 33mm. Price £2. Based UK. Zombies 3.
Pros really good sculpts and great face expressions good weight to them too. Solid pieces. Again your Zombies with Grave Weapon variants Bloated Body and Rusty Axe.
Cons on the large scale for LNOE games but I think the bloater works (just) 'cos he's meant to be big. Although his hands are a bit too bloated! He originally comes with a flat metal base which is easy to snip off if you want his base to match your other miniatures.

I rate them 3/5
Here's an example of mine. This example is 30mm.

KEEP SCROLLING DOWN THE THREAD, THERE'S MORE COMPANIES AND FIGURES.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
RE: Miniatures Index (mainly for LNOE variants)
Hey, thanks for the information. It's awesome to have some information on the various places to buy extra zombie minis, and to know about any negatives the company might have before dealing with them. Now if only I had some cash... hehe.
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2022 11:33 PM by samuraitrev.)
Old Games Workshop metal figures

To find these try ebay etc. these's still quite a few knocking about. If they're painted no problem strip the paint off nice an' easy follow my guide http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...easy-steps White metal miniatures. Size 28mm. Price various. Based Worldwide, HQ UK.
Pros lots of variants I would say 50+ some great poses and some that could be used as Zombies with Grave Weapons. There are now plastic multipart kits available.
Cons hard to find, most are fantasy figures, most had mountings for shields.
I rate them 2/5 (as modern Zombies)
Here's an example of mine. This example is 28mm.

06-30-2011, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2011 07:40 AM by vikinglad.)
Great Resource! Thanks, your dark lordship.
12-08-2011, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2022 11:34 PM by samuraitrev.)
Grenadier Models Inc.
I used to have quite a few models by this UK company. I don't remember them being outstanding casts but they made up for it with great character. This company went out of business in 1996. You can still find their models on ebay and through other companies who still stock their models. http://www.tritex-games.co.uk/store/category.php?id=361 They are white metal miniatures.
Pros They are cheap with good character.
Cons waaaay too small for 28mm games. The Details are quite poor on the sculpts eg. four fingers and toes, flat muscle structure, also really thin. This example (before conversion) is 24mm. Sorry I didn't get a shot next to a ruler.

I think she's simply the best Tina Turner Zombie I've ever seen for sale come to think it's the only one. I bought this one off ebay but I've had to massively convert it to get it to a 28mm scale. I had to lengthen the legs with pins and beef up the arms with green stuff. I had a laugh converting it I'm not 100% happy with it but it's good to have a Zombie from another company to show you guys. I can't realy recommend it worth the effort when there's so much better out there.
My rating 1/5
Here's the converted example of mine. This example is 30mm.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

12-08-2011, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2011 06:58 PM by vikinglad.)
From the pics of you converting her, I would agree. The quality of this company seems a little sub-par. The four fingers really bug me. However, you were able to do great things with it. The conversion looks pretty sweet to me. Good call beefing her up a bit, too. She looks pretty frail in the original form.
04-02-2012, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2022 11:35 PM by samuraitrev.)
Studio Miniatures
http://www.studiominiatures.com/ White metal miniatures. Figure Scale 28mm. Prices Vary as they are only sold in sets. Standard is £16.99 for 8 miniatures in white metal to £24.99 made out of resin. There are deals on there for buying more than 1 set so check them out at their site. Based in the UK. 90 individual modern Zombies and 17 Heroes/survivors. (1 is in the Zombie section).
Pros lots of variety for your games, quick service, well packaged, great scale.
Cons They have to be bought in sets. Costly.
Here's a painted example of mine. This example is 28mm.
I rate these 5/5

Mega Miniatures
http://freeboardgamesnow.com/modernzombies.aspx White metal miniatures. Prices. Standard is $1.89 per miniature. You can buy them in sets of 8 miniatures for $11.44 (saving you $3.68 (meaning you almost get 2 miniatures free) Based in the USA. 52 individual modern Zombies and 113 Heroes/survivors. Based in the USA.
Pros lots of variety for your games, quick service, well packaged, good scale, cheap, can be bought individually, quite funny poses at times.
Cons woeful sculpture detail, I bought one so poor you can't even tell which part of the model is the front. I won't be painting it. He originally had a metal base which can easily be chopped off.
Here's a painted example of mine. This example is 30mm.
I rate these 2/5

Twilight Creations
http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/ Plastic miniatures. The game is $29.99 and you get a 100 Zombies in there with 2 variations. You can also get packs of Zombie clowns or a 100 Zombie dogs for $12.99. Based in the USA.
Pros cheap if you want a large horde
Cons poor detail, scale too small for 28mm games
Here's a never to be painted example of mine. This example is 24mm.
I rate these 1/5

Flying Frog Productions
http://www.flyingfrog.net/ Plastic miniatures. Zombies are sold in sets best values are 14 miniatures for $15 or 21 miniatures for $20 with 3 different sculpts. They also do other sculpts with weapons. Based in the USA.
Pros pretty good detail, average value, good scale, great service
Cons lack of variety, some painters have complained their minitures have a sticky quality after being painted.
Here's an unpainted example of mine. This example is 30mm.
I rate these 2/5

Copplestone Castings
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/ White metal miniatures. Based in the UK. Sold in sets of 5 for £8.50. There are 10 Zombies in total and 94 Heroes/survivors (These can all be found in the Future Wars section)
Pros great urgghhhh Zombie 'look'. Great tissue damage detail. Funny poses. Hardly any trimming/clean up required, great service and packaging, good value
Cons some people might see their poses as a bit cartoony and lacking realism. Personally I think they're great.
I placed a custom Sickle in his hand.
I rate these 4/5

04-02-2012, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 06:36 PM by Atraangelis.)
Quote:Cons lack of variety, some painters have complained their minitures have a sticky quality after being painted.

Any painter who has this issue can test it out by using the bottom of the figure.

The reason for the sticky nature is the release agent still coating the model.
Plastic and Resin need to be washed thoroughly with soap prior to painting.
Release agents are used to separate the model from the mold.

The release agent will cause a non binding effect on any applique and prevent it from adhering properly creating a tacky feel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2012, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 07:20 PM by samuraitrev.)
Here's some comparison shots for the Zombie companies I've got Zombies for.

From left to right. Twilight Creations, Flying Frog Productions, Heresy Miniatures, Studio Miniatures, Hasslefree Miniatures, Cold War Miniatures.

From left to right. Copplestone Castings, Mega Miniatures, Eureka Miniatures, Games Workshop, Four A Miniatures.

I haven't included the Grenadier model as it's more of a conversion.
If anyone has a question regarding any of these miniatures or the companies where they're from please ask on here or PM me. I am on here most days and will try to be prompt. I will keep adding to this index to make it your one stop Zombie info. shopWatchmen02

Comments always welcome.
05-12-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: Zombie Miniatues 28mm Index with size comparison shots.
Can any of you guys recommend any more miniature companies not listed here (with Zombies)?