Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Player Cards
11-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Zombie Player Cards
At the beginning of each turn the Zombie Player draws up to a full hand (of 4 total cards) or if the hand is full then they have the option of discarding to draw a new card. My question is, is there a limit to the cards the Zombie Player can play in a turn. I would assume that he or she could play all 4 if they wanted to or had to.

An example would be playing a card that had to be played immediately followed by one played at the start of the turn, then a fight card, and perhaps a "I feel funny or I don't feel well" (sorry, I can't remember the exact title of the card) infection card.

Am I correct in this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Zombie Player Cards
You are correct. There is no limit.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-05-2015, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 10:00 PM by samuraitrev.)
There's no limit to the amount of cards you can play in one turn.

There's certain Zombie Cards such as Oh The Horror! that allow you to draw extra cards during your turn

Oh The Horror!
Play Immediately

'Draw three Zombie Cards.

At the start of your next turn, if you have more cards than your hand size will allow, discard down to your normal limits.'

So if you drew 2 of those you could potentially play 10 cards in one Turn. Watchmen02

Hope this helps
11-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.
11-06-2015, 07:22 PM
The others answered your question, so I will just clarify one thing. The Zombie player doesn't have to have a full hand of four cards in order to be able to discard one during their discard and draw phase. Heck, even if they wound up using most of their cards, so they start the round with only one, they still have the option to discard that one if they so desire and draw back to four cards.
11-06-2015, 11:44 PM
(11-06-2015 07:22 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  The others answered your question, so I will just clarify one thing. The Zombie player doesn't have to have a full hand of four cards in order to be able to discard one during their discard and draw phase. Heck, even if they wound up using most of their cards, so they start the round with only one, they still have the option to discard that one if they so desire and draw back to four cards.

Thanks for the clarification, that could come in handy.
11-07-2015, 03:18 PM
(11-05-2015 09:33 PM)FuManJew Wrote:  An example would be playing a card that had to be played immediately followed by one played at the start of the turn, . . .

My questions: Is the start of the turn before cards are drawn? My interpretation is that card that stated "play at the start of the turn" could not be played after cards were drawn. Please let me know if I am wrong.
11-07-2015, 04:11 PM
(11-07-2015 03:18 PM)August700212 Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 09:33 PM)FuManJew Wrote:  An example would be playing a card that had to be played immediately followed by one played at the start of the turn, . . .

My questions: Is the start of the turn before cards are drawn? My interpretation is that card that stated "play at the start of the turn" could not be played after cards were drawn. Please let me know if I am wrong.

From what I gather the "start of the turn" is anything that happens before physically moving any zombie pieces. Thus, drawing cards, rolling for newly spawned zombies, etc... is all considered to be part of the "start of the turn" phase.
11-11-2015, 07:50 PM
(11-07-2015 04:11 PM)FuManJew Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 03:18 PM)August700212 Wrote:  

From what I gather the "start of the turn" is anything that happens before physically moving any zombie pieces. Thus, drawing cards, rolling for newly spawned zombies, etc... is all considered to be part of the "start of the turn" phase.
Correct. It's anything up until the Move phase...and applies during the Zombie turn and the Hero turn.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-23-2015, 03:37 PM
My wife and I have always played that "Start of Turn" is just that, before anything else is done, drawing, discarding, moving, etc... So we are playing wrong?

"I don't always play Last Night on Earth, but when I do, I prefer to play zombies"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user