Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Zombie Slumber Party
04-20-2013, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 11:23 AM by labrys.)
Zombie Slumber Party
Zombie Slumber Party Turns: 20?

Number Counters
Z: ‘Fresher Zombies’ (7), Zombie Slumber, Auto Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Start Zombie Heroes(4)
H: Heroes Replenish, Hero Card Pool(2), Hero Starting Cards(x1)

Zombie Counter Pools (1-8): Standard Zombie Pools(A&B):
[Image: zombiePools1n2_sm.jpg]

Story:
It’s the middle of the day and most of the Zombies are slumbering in the buildings of the town.
7 ‘Fresher Zombies’ are in one of the buildings. These are a new, fresher, deadlier breed of Zombie and must be destroyed before they can spread. The Heroes must sneak into town, find and kill ALL the Fresher Zombies to win, hopefully disturbing as few other Zombies as possible. Once they enter a building they will awaken all the Zombies in that building; as the sweet smell of fresh brains enters the room.

Set up:
Randomly select 4 Heroes as usual. Now select the next 4 Heroes. These are given to the Zombie player(s) as Zombie Heroes (2 Heroes each if playing with 2 ZP, all 4 if just one ZP).

Randomly place the 8 number counters on the board.

Zombie player(s) have the usual Pool of 14 (or 2 Pools of 7 each)
+ 7 Red Zombies (The ‘Freshers’)
+ the 4 Zombie Heroes.

Zombie player(s) select the 8 Zombie Counter Pool Boards and the two Standard Pool Boards, and distribute their Zombies/Zombie Heroes, and the shared Red Zombie Freshers as they see fit (with the following restrictions).
They must have at least one Zombie in each Pool.
The red Zombies must all be in one Pool.
You can only have one Zombie Hero per Pool (and not in a Pool with the red Zombies).

Only Zombies from the Standard Pools can be spawned. Zombies in the 8 Counter Pools will be ‘sleeping’ until disturbed. They will be in the building corresponding to the Number Counter revealed (when number 3 is turned over all Zombies from Zombie Counter Pool 3 will be placed in that building, on any empty space.
Treat empty spaces in that building like you would a spawn point (they must be even distributed till all even spaces are taken before "doubling up" / putting more than 1 on a square).
Once a Zombie is killed they return to the Standard Pool(s).
Once a Fresher is killed, they are out of the game / don't re-spawn.
If a Fresher kills a Hero, and there are any dead (out of the game) Fresher’s available, the Hero becomes a Fresher Zombie Hero (no different to a normal Zombie Hero, but must ALSO be killed for Hereos to win the scenario). Use an available Red Zombie figure. All Red Zombie figures in play must be killed to win the game.

Win Conditions:
Zombies win if they have any Fresher’s left by nightfall, when they all awake and descend on the town, and possibly start spreading the new breed of Zombie.
Heroes win by killing ALL the Fresher’s before nightfall

Awakening:
There are two ways of awakening the Zombies in a building.
The first Hero to end a Movement Turn in a building with a Counter will awaken all the Zombies in that building.
Any explosion inside the building will awaken (and immediately effect) any Zombies slumbering/hidden in that building. The Zombie Player(s) still get to choose where they Spawn in that building, but still must evenly distribute, even if that means putting them in the explosion zone.

Fresher’s:
Fresher’s are even more deadly:
Super Thirst: They move one space as normal unless they start within two square of a Hero. They can then ‘sprint’ two squares instead of one.
Eager for brains: If a Fresher Zombie rolls a 1 for attack, they can roll again (once per fight).

If board space is an issue, I am also developing a smaller Pool Board with all the Pools on it, and little Counters representing the Zombies to depict all the Zombies in Pools; that should fit easily on the table ( depending on your table! ;op ).

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 01:40 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Zombie Slumber Party
I'm beginning to think you're a machine.
Jade would be a gigantic advantage for this scenario, since she can search some limited outdoor spaces without needing to wake up a building.
04-20-2013, 02:52 PM
(04-20-2013 01:33 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I'm beginning to think you're a machine.

Lol.. close. Just obsessive! If I didn't have a GF, or if my GF did not have kids I would probably have another 50 banged out by now ;op
Or would be too busy playing it to be thinking about it!

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
04-21-2013, 04:44 PM
(04-20-2013 02:52 PM)labrys Wrote:  
(04-20-2013 01:33 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I'm beginning to think you're a machine.

Lol.. close. Just obsessive! If I didn't have a GF, or if my GF did not have kids I would probably have another 50 banged out by now ;op
Or would be too busy playing it to be thinking about it!

love it.

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
Find all posts by this user