Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Whispers
09-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Zombie Whispers
Hi fellow gamers. This is how this works I will set a scene and just like the game someone else posts the next bit until we have a long story. It could be a sentence it could be a paragraph or even a chapter or two. Anyone can join. Have a go it's just a bit of fun. Add dialogue new characters anything. It can be humorous, thrilling, horror, melancholy, action you name it.

From fitful dreams I awoke to the sound of grating metal as the rusted piled up cars twisted in the buffeting winds. My eyes, now accustomed to the night made out the shape of Jacob who paced upon the planking atop the makeshift barriers of cars. Searching through my pockets I found the last half of a cereal bar and chewed it joylessly. It'd now been three days since the last encounter and I began to wonder if the dead had finally collapsed in their own putrification. Some of the shambling corpses seemed little more than skeletons with bursting skin drawn tight across their bones. The flies and disease were a constant nightmare. As was the need for a source of clean water. All these thoughts drifted through my mind until one thought surfaced like a bloated corpse rising from the bed of a pond. How could I have left her behind? I won't think her name, I have to move on, even now her face loses focus as if I can see her again through frosted glass. Damn her! Why didn't she listen! I - I'm sorry Mellisa it's just I get so angry and afraid. I no longer blame myself, otherwise I would have blown out my brains like old Conner did. I always wondered if I'd have the courage to do it if I had to. Now I realize it wasn't courage why the old fella did it. Cowardice and desperation but I can't blame him. I can't blame any of them. Better to choose than to get torn apart but those hated things. I walked to the edge of the bridge and looked down to the wreckage strewn floor. Human remains and rubbish lay in confusion mingled with the stench of rotting food and excrement. Hardly the Hilton but it was all we had. I watched the cereal bar wrapper flutter down to join the rest of the waste. My ennui was broken by a scream of desperation carried in the still night breeze. I quietly crossed the camp and climbed to join Jacob. I inquired about the scream. Jacob never looked at me he just shook his head and said.

"It wouldn't do no good anyhow mister. She prob'ly dead now. We would be too if we went out there in the night. I seen too many dead heroes to count. If you wanna stay breathin' you do what I do. Stay quiet, stay low and if you got to. You run."

He never took his eyes off the source of the sound. You'd think I'd have grown used to them now. I guess in my twisted self loathing mind I'm hoping it was her... I never even tried to convince Jacob. I was too scared to go anyway. What could I do? I guess Jacob's right...

We stayed like that until dawn as the rest of our battered group began to get out of their forlorn shelters. I now had the thankless task of announcing the last of our supplies had ran out and we would need to venture out once more...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Zombie Whispers
.... I asked for volunteers but got no response until Joe Corbin who before
the world went to hell had been had been a delivery man for a vending company
volunteered to go out. He said his companies warehouse was only a couple of
miles away and was full of snack foods provided it hadn't been looted.

Clair Telford our resident nurse observed that all that junk food would
be a lot of empty calories and loaded with sugar and salt and a danger
to our health. That brought on the first laughter we had heard since this
whole Zombie plague started, even Clair joined in realizing that poor food
choices were the least of our worries.

Joe then noted that his company also supplied condoms and Beer which
resulted in a number of hands going up to volunteer. I selected 3 besides Joe,
Tom Morgan, Bill Gandy and Jessica Flowers. Tom and Bill were ex military
and Jessica Flowers who never talked about herself but was tough as nails.
I figured she would make sure the guys would concentrate on collecting
food rather than booze and contraceptives .....

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply