Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie: a monotonous task
11-29-2010, 12:15 AM
RE: Zombie: a monotonous task
yep.. I try to be sneaky too and sometimes send off a few roamers in odd directions like zeds sometimes do in the movies. later on I get them circling back around and it usually pinches the hero's just as they are wanting to do something.... Watchmen02 especially when a shamble comes up.. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2010, 02:37 AM
Soundguy,

You are waaaay more tactical and scientific than we are. We just play the game, get into the spirit, make zombie noises and have a good time. We do have players who try to use some crude tactics with the zombies and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. We just try to have fun, laugh it off when things go bad and have fun.

Your group sounds much more competitive than we are when we play LNOE or IFOS.

Now if you want competitive you should watch us play the CALL OF CTHULHU LIVING CARD GAME. Those games are brutal, cutthroat affairs. But still LOTS of fun.
11-29-2010, 03:41 AM
(11-29-2010 02:37 AM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  Soundguy,

You are waaaay more tactical and scientific than we are. We just play the game, get into the spirit...

I dunno. Sounds to me like Soundguy is getting into the spirit just fine? There's nothing that says you can't play the zombies with some tactics, and there's nowhere that says that doing so is not in the spirit of the game.

We play some pretty damn cutthroat games in our groups, too. But we also graduated from Spades and Maul of America, so there's always that.
11-29-2010, 03:48 AM
you always see the lone zombie lurking the halls of some building or off in the woods by itself for the unsuspecting hero's Watchmen02
11-29-2010, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2010 03:59 AM by mqstout.)
(11-29-2010 03:41 AM)phasmaphobic Wrote:  We play some pretty damn cutthroat games in our groups, too. But we also graduated from Spades and Maul of America, so there's always that.

I wish anyone around me know how to play playing card games*. Sometimes I miss them... But, none of them want to learn. Oh how I do love me some spades.

* I don't count poker as anything worth playing. It's trick taking/set building games for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2010, 09:17 AM
When I play zombies I too try to set the heroes on the wrong track.
Waiting, lurking, making sure I got most pieces of the board covered.
I also try to use the "break weapon or take weapon" cards to the most of my advantage.

All is fair in love and zombiemayhem Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
yep.. especially if they get one person with a good one to front line their hand to hand attacks.... Zombie03
11-29-2010, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2010 08:46 PM by vikinglad.)
The best advice I ever got for playing zombies was on this site somewhere: use your cards early and often. Use them as much as you can. Discard a card if you can't use it in a turn or two to get a fresh, useful one. You can't do too well moving one square and rolling one dice at a time; the cards are your only chance. The only card I keep for the perfect time is maybe bickering, especially if playing Escape in the Truck or Burn'em, because the heros generally fortify the truck/spawn squares when giving up their turn for the mission objective. I try to slap them with this so they have to survive for two turns in that square (cancel the first turn they would have given up to fulfill the mission requirement).
11-29-2010, 08:36 PM
yep.. the zed player has to burn cards fast. I try to never be holding cards or more than 1 by the time my turn comes back around. and as you say.. if it's not something I think I can use immediatly or maybee next turn.. I burn....

soundguy
11-29-2010, 08:46 PM
dungeonlord, tell us: what part(s) of playing the zombies do you find boring? What parts do you find exciting?