Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie card ZP can force an item discard instead of a wound...
01-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Zombie card ZP can force an item discard instead of a wound...
Another question came up when my friend and I played the game this weekend. I forget the exact name of the card, but a Zombie card was played that allowed the Zombie Player to force the hero losing the fight to have to discard an item instead of taking a wound...

However, it just so happened that the hero had a card to cancel the wound (Just a Scratch).

I recall the Zombie card reading something to the effect of "when a wound would take place." So, if the ZP tried to play this card, could the HP then instead decide to play their card to cancel the wound, as then technically the wound wouldn't have happened?

Or would they have to have cancelled the wound first? In other words, once the ZP plays this card, is it too late to cancel the wound?

For that matter, if the HP CAN cancel the wound instead, then what happens to the card the ZP tried to use? Technically, they didn't get to use it. So, do they keep it in hand to possibly use later when the hero can't prevent the wound, or is it discarded?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 11:38 PM by LSD.)
RE: Zombie card ZP can force an item discard instead of a wound...
Depends on the timing. If the hero cancels the would than the zp can't use that card since no would was caused. We play our event cards in a way that we ask the other player for permissions to help avoid confusion. For example: "I play this card to make you reroll, do you have a response?" or in your example after fight dice are rolled there isna window to play events and the hero would play his to cancel the wound and ask do you have a response, if not it sticks.
01-15-2013, 01:26 AM
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....ocked_Away

I'd say if you gave the HP plenty of opportunity to prevent the wound before playing Knocked Away, KA stands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks again, everybody. We weren't entirely sure on that one, since technically the Hero Card would cancel the wound, meaning that there was no wound for the Zombie Card to cancel and force the Hero to lose an item instead. However, we weren't sure if the wound would have to have been cancelled first. That makes sense, though. I would agree. Thanks!