Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie game idea..
01-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Wink Zombie game idea..
So heres the idea a game like the walking dead there is no game yet but this game is based off of that an open world were you can settle anywere you can barricade and build but of course building will need wood you can send a group of survivirs to go chop some in the woods there are places like woodburry that will/willnot cause trouble but also advance with you also growing bigger there will be many possibly 3 in a city when i say open world i mean randomly generated areas but the same area and you can have a group in another city and switch from one to another and if there as a place like woodburry and you need help the other group could do just that but would take a number of in game days a game like civ 5 stradegy 3d but an overview a game like rebuild were you can see a zombie horde approaching from afar and you will need to prepare your defenses and may get some usfull things from zombieslike backpacks and small weapons like handguns also a tech upgrade of sorts maybe added flashlights on weapons would make survivors more aware and to acquire these upgrades you would have to find scientists in the open world but they are rare and when u do recruit them more you have the better things you can research like rain collectors solar power and little things and they would also help with sickness that ppl like farmers and scavengers will most likely get randomly you can reclaim new teritory with more ppl you need more space and like simcity were you can only get water from were its not polluted here are just some ideas i dont know if this is the right fourms for this but if its not maybe making one for "Game Ideas" or just "Ideas" or just direct me to one i would love to see game like this there is so much on my mind and there is still much more i would like to add to this list of ideas and this im meant to all go in one game tell me what you guys think Watchmen02 i would love and i mean love to make this thing myself but cant i have not gone to school for this and cant go it is way to pricey and dont have the man power to do this this is not meant to be a browser game its meant to be a downloadable game maybe sold on steam and such and a game that is to be released in beta to add more things if necessary and will be updated with new ideas like minecraft again tell me what you guys think Zombie03
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Zombie game idea..
DAB-Welcome to TZG, just a suggestion "periods do help". I think your thinking about a Vid type Game so I re-directed to this Forum.
Sounds like a cool idea but not being a Vid player I'm not sure what's out there that may be like what your looking for.

Perhaps other members would have some ideas. Frankly in any case you need to have the ability to go out to salvage Beer.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Hey DeadAimBow,

I like the concept. Since there are already plenty of first person shooters that feature zombies, I would definitely play a video game that was more planning, building, and fighting from an overview perspective. I'm kind of picturing it as Age of Empires but set in modern day during a zombie apocalypse.

Hopefully somebody out there is working on a game like this now! Or maybe we are lucky and it is already done and one of our illustrious comrades can tell us where to find it.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
01-24-2014, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 01:42 PM by DeadAimBow.)
(01-24-2014 07:42 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Hey DeadAimBow,

I like the concept. Since there are already plenty of first person shooters that feature zombies, I would definitely play a video game that was more planning, building, and fighting from an overview perspective. I'm kind of picturing it as Age of Empires but set in modern day during a zombie apocalypse.

Hopefully somebody out there is working on a game like this now! Or maybe we are lucky and it is already done and one of our illustrious comrades can tell us where to find it.
One can only hope :p

(01-23-2014 07:36 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  DAB-Welcome to TZG, just a suggestion "periods do help". I think your thinking about a Vid type Game so I re-directed to this Forum.
Sounds like a cool idea but not being a Vid player I'm not sure what's out there that may be like what your looking for.

Perhaps other members would have some ideas. Frankly in any case you need to have the ability to go out to salvage Beer.

OD

Yea i thought i put in there that i dont like using the ";'., :p guess not and thanks for moving me Watchmen02
02-17-2014, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 10:08 PM by stevey.ferret.lord.)
I belive there's a game called 7 days to die being develped... not certain thats the name... and also state of decay, I think touch more on strongholds and resources... check them out on YouTube and see if im talkin dung? Happy hunting.

Oh and if I recall I think there is a beta version of 7 days to die for free. Rubish graphics at present, but pretty pixles aint everything... im more a tiny plastic figure guy myself. Tho l4d and dead island do entertain me from time to time Watchmen02
02-28-2014, 03:54 PM
7DTD looks amazing...