Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ZombieU
11-24-2012, 05:52 AM
ZombieU
So, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Wii U, and I'm wondering if anyone else has and has tried out ZombieU.

If you are reading this you are already too late...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2012, 06:26 AM
RE: ZombieU
Haven't tried it personally , but it looks pretty awesome! Which Wii U did you get?
12-20-2012, 02:54 PM
(11-24-2012 05:52 AM)Cyrano89 Wrote:  So, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Wii U, and I'm wondering if anyone else has and has tried out ZombieU.

We bought a Wii U for the kids and along with games for them, Santa will be bringing ZombieU for me! Watchmen02 I'm excited to give it a try.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
12-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I got the deluxe edition which in all honesty is more than worth the extra $50 you spend. I really don't understand why they have the basic edition other than to just sucker people into a cheaper one. The charging cradle is one of the most convenient things ever, and while I haven't downloaded any games, I've been picking up a lot of cheap Nintendo Wii games and my storage is slowly pushing toward the 8gb mark and showing no signs of slowing.

I've read such good things about the game, and I may just find a rental store nearby, but I suspect it might show up soon as well.

12-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah I heard the basic edition is pretty lame. I might get it within the next month. I'm hoping for a price drop!
12-24-2012, 02:18 AM
Okay, well I rented ZombieU from my local rental place. Played it for about 2 hours, finally beat the second mission and promptly took it back and exchanged it for a less nightmare inducing game. I should mention that I get way into the game when I play FPS and I really don't notice much outside the screen. But horror games usually scare the crap out of me. Dead Island is a much more kill them quickly type of game. This game is more like, 1 zombie, I'm good. 2 zombies, uh oh... 3 zombies I'M DEAD! It is very dark and hard to see in most places without using your flashlight (which attracts zombies). And your map can do a radar ping to find moving creatures. Sometimes it's a zombie, sometimes it's a rat or a bird. Sometimes the radar misses the corpses that are lying around not moving until you get close.

While I barely got a chance to play it because I really would like to get a good night's sleep (creaky houses + horror games = lack of sleep), I would recommend this game to anyone who honestly enjoys peeing their pants out of fright.

12-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Haha I may have to try this game out when I get a wii u!
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
I got myself the Deluxe Wii U and ZombiU for Christmas. I have to say this game is AMAZING! It is not for the faint of heart, my roommate can't even watch me play because her anxiety goes through the roof. Nothing will get your pulse pounding more than sneaking around an area, trying to be as quiet as possible and then you go to open a door and the building alarm goes off.

I know it's gotten some mixed reviews by critics, however, the thing that these reviews have failed to remember is that this is not an FPS game. Yes, it is in first person, but it is survival horror at its best! Not a run and gun FPS title. You really get immersed in trying to survive, which is HARD to do.

For those of you who are not familiar with this title, the game play works on 2 different "perma-death" systems:
"Normal" mode - Once you die, your character becomes an infected zombie in the game. You "wake up" as a new Character with no skills, at the same point in the story arc. You can then hunt down and kill your old character, who is now a zombie, to regain your old gear. You only get one shot at this, if you die as the new character before killing your old character, that gear is now gone and your old avatar is now roaming other users games, with your old gear. I actually killed another users zombie last night and looted some GREAT gear off it. Very cool stuff Watchmen02

"Survival" mode - This is true perma-death. In this mode, if / when you are killed the game is over, period. No new avatar here. You must start all the way at the beginning with a fresh character.

Again, I love this game. Great use of the Wii U controller. If any of you guys have a Wii U, I highly recommend this game, if you don't have a heart condition lol
01-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Man this game sounds pretty sweet. I got a Wii U for xmas that I never asked for lol.
01-06-2013, 02:37 AM
I've been busy as usual and only had a chance to play ZombieU once for about an hour but it is very well done. As someone else mentioned this is definitely a survival horror game, not a FPS.

The zombies are not that easy to kill. I got complacent beating down zombies with a cricket bat and one ate me! Then I returned to the same spot (as a new survivor), killed my old now-zombified self, and went in to the same room to get revenge on the zombie that killed me. BOOM - dead again. I gave up on the cricket bat for that particular zombie and came back and shot him in the head in my 3rd body. Watchmen02

I was even killed by my old self once...very strange..

The interface you use for the game is very cool. You can watch where you are going up on the screen but meanwhile down on the Wii U control pad you can scan for items, use radar to try to locate zeds, etc.

I wish I had more time to play! Fun game.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War