Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombieland's Last Night on Earth
02-13-2010, 03:01 PM
RE: Zombieland's Last Night on Earth
Patient Zero Wrote:I really think the 'When in doubt, know your way out' and 'doubletap' powers were especially good ideas.

Thanks! I really liked those two ideas as well. I like the "When in Doubt" ability because it is a specific situation and the Zombies have to be blocking the doors physically. I've actually updated Little Rock and Tallahassee.

http://thezombiegame.com/gallery/display...p?pos=-243

http://thezombiegame.com/gallery/display...p?pos=-244

http://thezombiegame.com/gallery/display...p?pos=-242
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2010, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 06:18 PM by Grudunza.)
Sylis Wrote:
Patient Zero Wrote:I really think the 'When in doubt, know your way out' and 'doubletap' powers were especially good ideas.

Thanks! I really liked those two ideas as well. I like the "When in Doubt" ability because it is a specific situation and the Zombies have to be blocking the doors physically. I've actually updated Little Rock and Tallahassee.

http://thezombiegame.com/gallery/display...p?pos=-243

http://thezombiegame.com/gallery/display...p?pos=-244

http://thezombiegame.com/gallery/display...p?pos=-242

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm wondering how "No Attachments" is meant to fit... In the movie, does she prevent or discourage other people from having, um, "attachments"? It seems like a really weak ability, regardless, and will very rarely have an effect. I might expand it to say that she prevents that from being used on any characters on the same board as her. Her other ability is really strong, though, but that's kind of balanced out by her not having the Youth ability and only having two wounds. Eh, I guess all said she's probably pretty balanced. I would make Zombie Kill of the Week the top ability, though, just to feature it better, as the other one is far more of a rare situational thing.

Actually, I just realized that she has to lose her turn for that to work, which makes it even weaker of an ability... Yes, it may be worthwhile to give up one player's turn to prevent two other players from each losing their turn, but still... My feeling is that if that's the case, her ability should work at any time, no matter where she is... At best it will take effect twice in a game, and the zombie player still gets one Hero's lost turn out of it.
02-15-2010, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 07:03 PM by Sylis.)
Lets see...

In the Movie, she is about to kiss Columbus when they are interrupted, so I guess she really doesn't stop it. She just makes a comment about not having attachments, that the sisters should only look out for each other. I might just take that ability and scrap it, I am sure I can throw something else together. Once I think of something, I'll post a new Wichita.

Otherwise, the idea is to try and make these characters balanced, that's why I am trying not to over power them.
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I like these, and think for the most part they really feel like the characters from the movie.

I do think Youth might be necessary for these characters, though. And I also suspect that you might want to alter Tallahassee's power. Killing a zombie, instead of just wounding them, is pretty potent. But doing a wound to a zombie -- which will kill most zombies -- is much more reasonable.
02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Ok, so I have a few ideas for new abilities.

Travel Light - May carry a third weapon if they have no item cards.

The Buddy System - If attacked when in the same space as another Hero(es), they roll their Fight Dice together.

With "The Buddy System", how that would work is like so, Z = Zombie. H = Heroes, x = Blank spot.

X X Z X
X Z H X
X X X X

Lets say both zombies are moving to the heroes, there are two. For this example, each Hero is played by a different Player. Player 1 and Player 2 would roll together, only one has to fend off the zombie attack successfully. Doubles only count if rolled by the same player. Cards that state rerolling any number of dice can be used against both heroes at the same time.

So for Example. Player 1 rolls 3 Fight Dice with the Baseball Bat while Player 2 rolls only two. P1 - 1, 3, 6 P2 - 4, 6 Z - 4 The Zombie Player uses "Undead Hate The Living", making player 1 reroll his 6 and player 2 both of his dice. For example, they remarkable re-roll the exact same numbers, The Zombie is just fended off because the doubles were not rolled by the same player. Now to make this a fair trade off, I was thinking that if the ability is used, perhaps all Zombies attacking must attack at the same time, but I don't know. Those are just some ideas right now.
02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
gavindowning Wrote:I like these, and think for the most part they really feel like the characters from the movie.

I do think Youth might be necessary for these characters, though. And I also suspect that you might want to alter Tallahassee's power. Killing a zombie, instead of just wounding them, is pretty potent. But doing a wound to a zombie -- which will kill most zombies -- is much more reasonable.

If I understand you right, you are saying that by him Wounding a zombie, since they only have one hit point to begin with, they would die, but when it comes to Zombie Heroes, they would just receive a wound, That I understand.
02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Sylis Wrote:Ok, so I have a few ideas for new abilities.

The Buddy System - If attacked when in the same space as another Hero(es), they roll their Fight Dice together.

With "The Buddy System", how that would work is like so, Z = Zombie. H = Heroes, x = Blank spot.

X X Z X
X Z H X
X X X X

Lets say both zombies are moving to the heroes, there are two. For this example, each Hero is played by a different Player. Player 1 and Player 2 would roll together, only one has to fend off the zombie attack successfully. Doubles only count if rolled by the same player. Cards that state rerolling any number of dice can be used against both heroes at the same time.

So for Example. Player 1 rolls 3 Fight Dice with the Baseball Bat while Player 2 rolls only two. P1 - 1, 3, 6 P2 - 4, 6 Z - 4 The Zombie Player uses "Undead Hate The Living", making player 1 reroll his 6 and player 2 both of his dice. For example, they remarkable re-roll the exact same numbers, The Zombie is just fended off because the doubles were not rolled by the same player. Now to make this a fair trade off, I was thinking that if the ability is used, perhaps all Zombies attacking must attack at the same time, but I don't know. Those are just some ideas right now.

You're cards are awesome. I can't wait to test them out. Additional thoughts for abilities:

Travel Light - when carrying no items, +1 movement bonus (or D3, etc.).

The Buddy System - If attacked when in the same space as another Hero(es), can cancel a fight with a roll of 4+.

Limber Up - When about to take a wound, roll a D6. With a roll of a 6, avoid the wound (this would be great for Wichita, who does not have the Youth ability).

Just a couple of things that popped into my head. Again, I really dig your cards.
02-17-2010, 11:58 PM
zombie_slayer Wrote:

X X Z X
X Z H X
X X X X

You're cards are awesome. I can't wait to test them out. Additional thoughts for abilities:

The Buddy System - If attacked when in the same space as another Hero(es), can cancel a fight with a roll of 4+.

Limber Up - When about to take a wound, roll a D6. With a roll of a 6, avoid the wound (this would be great for Wichita, who does not have the Youth ability).

Just a couple of things that popped into my head. Again, I really dig your cards.

The Only reason she wasn't given Youth before is because it wasn't going to fit, I am actually adding that ability to her. Limber up... I would say change that up to something like "When attacked, get to re-roll one dice" Or something like that, but I still don't like that because she already has the ability to add or subtract 1 from any fight dice but now can also avoid a wound as well? Or even if she got to re-roll, then she could re-roll and still add a number, it just seems overly powerful.

I do like the Travel light ability idea. That is a good idea and I think I will do that.

The buddy System... With an ability like that, I would say it would more be called "Distraction"

The Buddy System is more of "Theres 2 of us and 1 of you" instead of it being 1 on 1.

Great ideas, I think I am going to go with Travel Light because it still has a downside to it, you have to have no "Item" cards in your hand.
02-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Sylis Wrote:
zombie_slayer Wrote:

X X Z X
X Z H X
X X X X

The Only reason she wasn't given Youth before is because it wasn't going to fit, I am actually adding that ability to her. Limber up... I would say change that up to something like "When attacked, get to re-roll one dice" Or something like that, but I still don't like that because she already has the ability to add or subtract 1 from any fight dice but now can also avoid a wound as well? Or even if she got to re-roll, then she could re-roll and still add a number, it just seems overly powerful.

I do like the Travel light ability idea. That is a good idea and I think I will do that.

The buddy System... With an ability like that, I would say it would more be called "Distraction"

The Buddy System is more of "Theres 2 of us and 1 of you" instead of it being 1 on 1.

Great ideas, I think I am going to go with Travel Light because it still has a downside to it, you have to have no "Item" cards in your hand.

Nice. I didn't realize you updated Wichita. That would make a well-balanced character. I'd like to see that new card when you get a chance.
02-23-2010, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 10:31 PM by OrangeCat X.)
Tallahassee may be a scootch overpowered. But, I don't think he is patient enough to sit in one spot and weapon up everybody. (Finding and handing out weapons.)

Scarily enough, that would be wasting 4 turns of zombie genocide.