Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombieland!?
10-05-2009, 08:08 PM
RE: Zombieland!?
Ah, the joys of parenting. My daughter will know how to kill a zombie before she knows her ABCs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2009, 04:05 AM
fallensaviour Wrote:
quadraphonic Wrote:Hopefully she's okay with the gore.. it is fairly graphic.

She owns and watches every zombie film made since 68.
I started her off with NOTLD then other Romero greats.She has been hooked for many years now.She knows it is all fake and really likes the make up and effects.
However she has a hard time watching shows like ER or Greys cause that stuff is just to real???

The humour I think in Zombie films is what helps with the gore I think.It makes it so absurd that it is laughable.
She'll be okay.She has already asked if we can play LNOE afterwards!!!
Gonna be a zombie weekend I think.She is dressing up as a zombie to hand out candy this year.

Heh.. if I ever have a daughter, she's got to follow in those footsteps!
10-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Just got back and have to say...I LOVED THIS FILM!!!

Exactly what I want from a Z-Flick!!

I kept reminding me a lot of LNoE!

I could have sat right back down and watched all through again as soon as it finished. This for me would have been one of the times I wished they had simultaneous Theatre & DVD releases, as I would have bought it straight away.
10-07-2009, 10:58 PM
i've seen it twice. i think the movie is rad. the zombie's are cool the acting/cinemaphotography/editing is cool. ya there coulda been more zombies in the middle... the film is just fine as it is and i would like to give hollywood a big middle finger.... sink more money into original films %*cough-dooshes!
10-08-2009, 12:32 AM
A really interesting interview with the writers of ZOMBIELAND.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2009, 02:58 AM
zombie67 Wrote:Just got back and have to say...I LOVED THIS FILM!!!

I could have sat right back down and watched all through again as soon as it finished. This for me would have been one of the times I wished they had simultaneous Theatre & DVD releases, as I would have bought it straight away.

im surprised you didnt put your face on that clown zombie

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
10-08-2009, 03:24 AM
deadrabbit Wrote:
zombie67 Wrote:Just got back and have to say...I LOVED THIS FILM!!!

im surprised you didnt put your face on that clown zombie

Who knows, it might still happen! Zombie17

On a connected note have you seen that L4D2 is going to have zombie clowns in it, for the mission Dark Carnival?

[Image: darkcarn0.jpg]

[Image: 19687.jpg]
10-09-2009, 04:24 AM
I saw it a couple times last week. Overall a good movie, but I think I fell into the hype a bit.

Wasn't a big fan of the mansion scenes (no spoilers, but lots of talk talk about famous people that I'm not into). I think there were other things that could have filled this better. A few more of the rules might have been nice. Also, I think the movie had a great chance to do a "weapons of choice" or something like the rules, but didn't get into it (for example, all the rules seem to have a reason or event behind them, they could have shown the weapons and why the character was partial to them).

Overall, I don't think it has the replay value of some other movies, like Shaun of the Dead, but that may be personal choice. In general, a good zombie movie worth seeing.
10-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Personally, I thought the mansion scene MADE that movie. I just got back, and I loved it from beginning to end.

As for those raising their children to kill zombies, I trust you've seen Fido? "In the brains and not the chest; head shots are the very best!"
10-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Just got back and it was awesome!!!
My Daughter loved.She calls it one of the best ever.
Her favorite part was the clown,they creep her out as well.
Good watch overall.