Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombies!!! for iPad
03-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Zombies!!! for iPad
So I have not played the Zombies!!! board game (LNOE just hooked me too much for me to spend money on a different zombie board game).

But I downloaded the Zombies!!! app onto my iPad and I have to say it is a fun little time-waster. If the game play is representative of how the actual board game goes, though, it is much simpler and less exciting than LNOE.

Anybody else play this game?

I also played an iPad zombie game called Beyond Dead but I became bored with it pretty quickly.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: Zombies!!! for iPad
i have played the PVP zombies!!! ys ago. it's a cheaper game. card based.. etc.. has it's place.

if it comes out on windows tablets i'll pick it up
03-20-2014, 04:00 PM
I have Zombies!!! and, oh, 7(?) of its expansions. I dropped it as soon as I came to LNOE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2014, 05:17 PM
i have a couple.. the dice one, and the original. just because no zombie game collection is complete without at least one ver... Watchmen02
03-20-2014, 10:33 PM
(03-20-2014 04:00 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I have Zombies!!! and, oh, 7(?) of its expansions. I dropped it as soon as I came to LNOE.

I walked the same path to LNoE
03-21-2014, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 01:35 AM by ForestRunner.)
My general view about LNOE is... Zombies, but done right. Zombie16

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
03-21-2014, 03:49 PM
I got to LNOE through ATOE. I likely would never have known either if not for GenCon.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
03-21-2014, 04:29 PM
I have never played the iPad game. I have played the Zombies!!! board game. I have to say, I was not terribly impressed. I was not alone, either. My gaming group didn't find it all that great either, and it has yet to come back to our table.

I've actually heard that from a lot of people. About the only positive comments I have heard for that game are "it gets better with some of the expansions" and "it is actually not bad if you use your own house rules." Yeeeeah... sorry, but to me if the best thing you can say about a game is that it is good if YOU make it good... that kind isn't saying much.

That said, I think Zombies!!! is okay. It is just not that great, and is nothing compared to Last Night On Earth and Zombicide, which are the best zombie games out there.
03-21-2014, 09:55 PM
we house rule zombies, and another similar card game by dan verison. ( spelling? can't remember zomb game name either.. gettin old! )
03-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Old thread, but too funny...my path to LNOE was also from the Zombies!!! game. Perhaps FFP owes a few bucks to Twilight Creations for driving us to them!