Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombies!!!
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2010 03:04 PM by ResidentAsylum.)
RE: Zombies!!!
Diggin up a dead thread(it's a pun... HA!)

I have the Zombies!!! base game and all the releases. This is what pulled me into the world of zombie board-gaming. While I enjoy the Zombies!!! game now and again, it has really lost it's edge as far as being exciting. Maybe it's because more enjoyable games have come out in recent years, or maybe it's due to the fact that there are too many expansions for the game. Not that expansions are a bad thing, but all they truely add are more tiles and cards to the game, and all they accomplish is to drag what was once a somewhat exciting concept through a mire of more rules and more pieces.

What they need to do is reinvent the game. They should keep the whole concept of street tiles and the cards, and maybe give each player the choice from a few characters to begin the game with. Each persona whould have bonuses and negatives to consider as they play the game.

Yeaaah... I'm a tadpole!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2010, 11:12 PM
ResidentAsylum Wrote:Diggin up a dead thread(it's a pun... HA!)

I have the Zombies!!! base game and all the releases.

What they need to do is reinvent the game. They should keep the whole concept of street tiles and the cards, and maybe give each player the choice from a few characters to begin the game with. Each persona whould have bonuses and negatives to consider as they play the game.

I know what you are saying as I am in the same boat.I have all the releases as well as zombie town.
One of the things I did to spice it up is mix all the zombies together(clowns,dogs,females,zoms from zomb town,regular zoms,radio act zoms...) and pull them out of the box at random to add visually to the game.May not seem like much but it does work pretty neat and adds a touch as some of them have diff stats and abilities(attack)

Really not much you can do with the cards except to mix them up well.Another thing I did was get a hotwheels copter to add to the 3-d aspect.
Currently working on a 3-D town but I would rather finish my western town and LNOE towns first.
If you come up with any other ideas let me know could always use a little extra spice...
01-18-2010, 12:39 AM
I know this site has been mentioned before, but the cityscape is perfect for low-cost terrain:

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/ind...cts_id=137

I have this set, but I haven't had a chance to start building it up just yet... they have a sweet cathedral that I couldn't ignore.

01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I have the base set and a pile of the expansions. Having said that i've only played it a handful of times as my group just found it quite dull, LNOE they love and everyone gets really into it. I like the theme and i really want to love it but it just falls short of greatness for me. Also the zombie clowns could have been used a lot better and really been the stuff of nightmares we all wanted them to be!
01-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Monkeyboy Wrote:I have the base set and a pile of the expansions. Having said that i've only played it a handful of times as my group just found it quite dull, LNOE they love and everyone gets really into it. I like the theme and i really want to love it but it just falls short of greatness for me. Also the zombie clowns could have been used a lot better and really been the stuff of nightmares we all wanted them to be!

I feel the greatest reason Zombies!!! falls short is due to 2 reasons. First, they have too many expansions. Not that it's bad thing, but each expansion adds little to the game beyond more cards, map tiles and rules. The second point is that there is no substance behind each expansion. If there was more of a story with each one, they may be more enjoyable. And maybe a bit of background for each player, rather than a generic "pawn".

07-14-2010, 02:54 AM
I've had the Zombies!!! game for a few years but just the base set. It rarely gets played and probably won't see the light of day as I've just bought LNOE. I DO have a suggestion though for adding a bit more excitement and suspense to Zombies!!!

On the back of each of the tiles put a sticky dot or similar marker where the roads are. This way the tiles can be played face down and still connect up. When a player wants to move on to the tile, it is flipped over and the zombies, bullets, heart etc. are placed on to the tile. The player who picks the tile can look at what it is before placing it so everyone has an idea of some of the town you are all building but not the whole place.

I'm yet to try this myself but if any one does let me know how it went.
10-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I likes zombies a lot, collecting them untill the 6th version. Know I am thinking about switching to lnoe.
12-09-2010, 11:21 PM
I stumbled across LNoE after looking for zombie boards games, I went with Zombies!!! instead. I recently finally picked up LNoE and regret the money I spent on Zombies!!!

My group and I enjoy LNoE much, much better.
12-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I own everything from The Zombies!!! series, Humans!!! Series, Zombies!!! Medieval, and Martians!!! ... And I love them all. No better or worse than LNOE. They are different games and different styles and have their greatness as well as LNOE. LNOE is more complex and involved, where Zombies!!! is simpler - LNOE is more co-op where Zombies!!! is more pvp. Buth they are both great games and worth the time. Particularly seeing that in Zombies you can build your own deck of cards (even make your own with the 6.66 pack) and make things more interesting. Additionally, with a little imagination, you can turn it into a co-op game with scenarios just like you can in LNOE. I've done that a few times now and great fun was had by all.
12-21-2010, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2010 03:26 AM by Neon Samurai.)
I've had the Zombies!! base game for quite some time now, and haven't played it in forever it seems...
Just got LNoE yesterday and can already tell it is by far a superior product.

I pretty much couldn't stand the game (zombies!!!) when I first bought it, and instantly saw several things that should be changed, so I scoured the internet for ideas and things to improve upon it... After picking and choosing some different rules from others, and creating a few of my own, the game eventually evolved into something much more tolerable.

I consider it a pretty decent game now, but at its base rules, I feel the game has very little value to true gamers (unless they intended on changing it), and would definitely not recommend it, when I could recommend LNoE instead.

There has already been talk of somehow merging the two games together around my house, and I'm anxious to start exploring those ideas. Hopefully we can breath new life into Zombies!! with this new game as the catalyst. Watchmen02
(12-21-2010 03:24 AM)Neon Samurai Wrote:  There has already been talk of somehow merging the two games together around my house

Speaking of this, has anyone around here done this yet? I guess I still don't have access to the downloads section yet.