Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zpocalypse
04-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Zpocalypse
Hey guys I just wanted to start another thread like the 'Zombicide' thread where you can discuss or ask questions about anything here.

First question. Anyone own Zpocalypse yet? I bought it at PAX East and still haven't played it. I think the rule book may have been a little intimidating at first, however I watched some tutorial videos last night and it doesn't seem as bad as I had once thought it would be. So tonight I will be playing my first game..i'm pretty excited! Zombie17

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 02:49 PM
RE: Zpocalypse
I was in on the Kickstarter but have yet to receive my copy. I did see my name in the online version of the rulebook which was pretty cool. I also should get a custom survivor card with my picture on it with a bio I wrote. So I'm looking forward to seeing how I fare in the apocalypse.
04-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Re: Zpocalypse
Wow that's actually pretty awesome. What's the survivors name? Would he be in the game I received? Or only in the kickstarter version? Assuming they're different

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
04-05-2013, 11:58 PM
It will only be in my copy. I think there was an option to have a card made up with your likeness to be in the base game but it was well out of my price range.
04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I pre-ordered the game on Game Salute and got it with the Kickstarter shipping. Sadly I have nto had any time to play it though. Weekends have been booked up.

When I do I'll let you all know how it goes.
04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Re: Zpocalypse
Well let me know what you guys think about it when it comes time to play. I did not have as much fun playing it as I thought I would..maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know

04-10-2013, 12:54 AM
(04-09-2013 02:11 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  Well let me know what you guys think about it when it comes time to play. I did not have as much fun playing it as I thought I would..maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know

I've read a fair few people make similar comments. I've also read about people who enjoy it. It does seem like the people who don't enjoy it as much as they thought seem to like the same games as me, so I'm wondering if I'm going to fall into the not enjoying it much category. Time will tell, that is if the game ever arrives!
04-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Anyone else played Zpocalypse yet?

04-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Ha, last night I was painting my Nazi soldiers from FanG when I looked on my shelf and there sat zpocalypse, and I thought to myself,

"you know, you really ought to put aside some time to get around to playing that."

I am so bad...I always end up buying really cool sounding games, but never get around to playing them. Maybe this weekend.
06-15-2013, 01:29 PM
MY copy finally arrived this week :-) I sat down today and got to play and was thoroughly underwhelmed :-(

I was really disappointed. It's not a bad game mechanically, I just couldn't get into it.

It was pretty cool to see my custom survivor card. My stats are pretty crap though, I think I'd die very soon into the apocalypse ;-)