Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
humbled the heroes
11-30-2010, 08:34 PM
humbled the heroes
We were playing the Revenge of the Dead mission a few nights ago, we haven't played in forever. The heroes were blowing the zombies (me) away. I couldn't keep more then 3 on the board. The heroes split up and only had 5 turns til they won. I managed to spawn 5 zombies and pulled the card (I forget the name) which lets you spawn d6 zombies at the end of your turn and "It can't be!" So, I went from having jack for zombies to a full board and a zombie hero in one turn. While I still didn't win I killed 4 out of 5 heroes in 2 turns. Insane21
Needless to say the heroes were sweating pretty good by the end of the game. Zombie20
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM
RE: humbled the heroes
Sweet run! Amazing how it comes together sometimes!

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/rg__13/AnImAtEd%20GIF%20ImAgEs/thMrsVoorhees-Zombie.gif[/IMG]
12-01-2010, 10:16 AM
What puzzles me is that for 90% of the games we played it always comes down to the final 2 rounds to determin the winner.
Zombies usually have the upper half of the game but by the end it's always very close.
Anyone else having this experience?

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2010 12:23 PM by vikinglad.)
I was on the receiving end the other night. I was doing OK in Burn 'em Out, until my wife drew "Oh My God, they've taken the...," "Bickering," and "This could be our last night on earth." She rolled Zombies choice, locked Becky and Cartright in one of the smaller buildings, filled it up with zombies, froze me there for two consecutive turns, and quickly devoured them both. PWNED! I was dismayed to say the least.
12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
(11-30-2010 08:34 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  We were playing the Revenge of the Dead mission a few nights ago, we haven't played in forever. The heroes were blowing the zombies (me) away. I couldn't keep more then 3 on the board. The heroes split up and only had 5 turns til they won. I managed to spawn 5 zombies and pulled the card (I forget the name) which lets you spawn d6 zombies at the end of your turn and "It can't be!" So, I went from having jack for zombies to a full board and a zombie hero in one turn. While I still didn't win I killed 4 out of 5 heroes in 2 turns. Insane21
Needless to say the heroes were sweating pretty good by the end of the game. Zombie20

I love it when this happens. It makes the game so suspenseful and movie-like. I've had games that can turn on a dime like this and they're by far the best we've played. Sounds like you guys had a good time and it's always good when the heroes are humbled.

(12-01-2010 10:16 AM)Emp Wrote:  What puzzles me is that for 90% of the games we played it always comes down to the final 2 rounds to determin the winner.
Zombies usually have the upper half of the game but by the end it's always very close.

Not as often as it seems to be occurring with you, Emp, and not in the last two turns. Although, we have had many games that end very close and with all players on the edge of their seats. I always play the zombies and I have to sometimes interrupt their 10-minute long 'strategic' discussion and say, "Guys...you aren't really going to be eaten by a zombie if you mess up this turn. If you want, we could play another game after."

It sounds like you're having intense games - something LNoE excels at - and that's always a good thing! Zombie17

nursery school.....
12-01-2010, 09:43 PM
(12-01-2010 10:16 AM)Emp Wrote:  What puzzles me is that for 90% of the games we played it always comes down to the final 2 rounds to determin the winner.

Depends on the mission. Escape in the truck almost always comes down to the last 5 turns.
12-01-2010, 10:07 PM

I think that we've had maybe 1 game that didn't come down to the final 2 rounds. Normally the very last round determines the winner.

I love the balance of this game that allows that to happen.
12-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I must admit I've found LNOE to be one of the most balanced games on the market and I've played quite a few. It is clearly raw talent from the designers and I would guess the scenarios have been heavily play tested. There is the odd game such as Escape in the truck where you get the gasoline and keys in the first couple of turns and the starting zombies are low. However on the whole this is an exception rather than the norm. Whatever it is they're doing, long may it continue!
12-02-2010, 08:07 AM
I agree with the Samurai. We have had about the same number of Hero quick victories as we have from the zombies. We have also had a couple go down to the last turn or two, including Escape in the truck. It mostly seems to depend on the shuffle of the cards, so if you are always having lop-sided games, you must be shuffling wrong! JK Watchmen02