Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
advice please
10-27-2012, 01:42 AM
advice please
Having only played a handful of times I want to take a stab of building my own scenario. Any advice of what not to do and how do I assign the amount of turns?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2012, 03:16 AM
RE: advice please
Make a scenario YOU would want to play. As for timing it , it best comes down to play testing it to see how it goes. Even if you solo it (playing both heroes and zombies) a few times to see how long it "should" take.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Truer words never spoken. One thing to steer clear from, altering the rules of the game. Don't give zombies extra fight dice. Don't give zombies a larger hand size, etc. The game is really balanced. Any tip either way needs to be met with a tip in the opposite, and sometimes what you think is balanced ends up not being balanced at all.

My suggestion, think of the flavor for the scenario more than the actual rules text. Story allows the rules to write themselves.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
10-30-2012, 08:27 PM
My personal advice would be to keep it simple at first. When you make your first one or two scenarios, try not to make them too complicated. Come up with something you think would be fun that wouldn't be too confusing to play. Think of it like something a new player, still getting used to all the rules, could easily pick up and play.

Then, as you more so get the hang of the game, and get the hang of making your own scenarios, go for the more complicated ones (things like the web scenarios Flying Frog offers on their website) and have fun with them.

That is just my personal thoughts on it, anyway. That will give you more time to learn the game, get a sense of the balance, etc. Stuff like that to help you better understand the game, and the impact of changing certain things. This way, if you do decide to make a more complicated scenario, you can better ensure that you aren't making something TOO complicated and confusing, and adding way too much power to one side.