Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
alternate playing surfaces
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
alternate playing surfaces
A while ago I had mentioned some boards I would like to see FFP put out for LNOE and WorldMaggot mentioned that some people have used the board for the game Mall Madness as a playing surface for LNOE.

I looked up pics of that board and it looked like it would make for a good game. I also came across a game called Nin-Gonost, a dungeon crawler where you put 3d walls on the board. That board also has squares layed out and it looked like it could be a good playing surface.

Can anybody else suggest other board games whose surfaces (especially if they have 3d elements) could be used as a playing surface for LNOE?

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 06:32 PM by victor.w.)
RE: alternate playing surfaces
I recently suggested playing on the board from Clue.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I may have to dig through my storage locker. I think a Clue board would be interesting asThe Manor House.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-13-2012, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 09:17 AM by Masterofmayhem.)
Now that I read this thread, it occured to me that I have plenty of games which could be used as LNoE boards. Take for example Space Crusade. Zombie survival horror on a space station.
[Image: NOT_Space_Crusade_2nd_ED.jpg]

Or perhaps Heroquest for a dungeon crawling experience.
[Image: heroquest_tablero.jpg]

The boards are quite large, but can be downsized by blocking corridors and dorrways to get a board of basically any size.
04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Zombies in Space, nice Watchmen02 Thats a kewl find

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Epic faceslam...heroquest bord...have one and dont think about...Thanks! I will try, great idea Masterofmayhem
04-15-2012, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012 07:50 AM by vikinglad.)
I jokingly threw out the idea of using the HeroQuest board the last time we played HeroQuest a few months ago. We laughed about it, then we started to think it sounded pretty cool. I would love to hear if anyone tries this out. HeroQuest FTW!
04-15-2012, 08:53 AM
If you guys own HeroQuest, then you already know how to make custom maps using the empty quest templates. As the HeroQuest board is huge (by number of squares) when compared to the LNoE board, using only a small portion of it should suffice. The narrow corridors will create real problems for the survivors, as if they aren't careful, they will be swimming in zombies. I would suggest liberal use of doors in rooms to give the survivors some chance of escaping tough situations.
11-08-2013, 07:26 PM
I've actually considered using Heroscape, as you can build any type of terrain you'd like and is completely customizable. The only trouble for me on that front is that I don't have anything to use as far as buildings really. It comes with some ruins and I have a castle for it. Other than that though, no real buildings or search points to speak of. I'm still working on that part of it. Otherwise I think it could make for an incredible game experience. Also, I just wanted to throw out there that I think Clue would make a pretty interesting board to use. I also just recently picked up 13 Dead End Drive (a favorite from my childhood), which is much like Clue in many ways. It also has a few 3D pieces to use along with the board. That could also be pretty cool I think.

"Sometimes dead is better."
11-11-2013, 08:45 AM
How about checking out the range of 3d clip together terrain put out by 'terraclip'. I have the streets and building set which I use for playing malifaux and various other games....these would fit the bill and because they are modular you could design anything you like. They also do a sewers and dungeon set.

Here's the link.... http://www.terraclips3d.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user