Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
an update and thought
04-22-2014, 11:54 AM
an update and thought
so since getting my new group together we have played about 4 times 2-3 games a time. the guys im playing with are new to tabletop games but have fallen in love with lnoe and keep wanting more. we have talked about implementing a few house rules and i wanted to your thoughts on them

1 zombies may not move through corners of buildings, ( the thought was that it is not a wall or window but a support beam and doesnt make sense for a zombie to just waltz in)
2 when shooting a shotgun in to a space with zombie(s) and another hero in it (at a range of 2) the hero in the space must roll wounded on 1 or 2
3 chainsaw is a 2 handed weapon
4 if a hero knocks over there own piece that hero takes a -1 on next movement (if moving) if a zombie player knocks over a zombie that zombie does not move next turn
5 baseball bat can be found in gym
6 special rule for general store instead of searching may take an item from discard pile ( non offensive items only no dynamite, but things that you would find like a lighter flashlight fire extinguisher ect.
7 if a zombie moves through a locked door they busted through and it is no longer locked

we also can't descide whether or not to make the shotgun 2handed or not
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: an update and thought
Those sound pretty reasonable to me. I like the rule about knocking over the figurines. knocking them over would be a sneaky way to 'accidentally' move them a space or two, and this helps eliminate that.

2 Handed Shotgun: Well unless you're built like 1980's Arnold Schwarzenegger, a shotgun SHOULD be a 2 handed weapon for sure.
Watchmen02
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
I like them. They all sound reasonable to me.

Your #4 is interesting. Here's an extended take on that. The Heroes are responsible for lifting dead Zs off the board. If they drop any the Z lives and is placed upright on the spot. Same goes for the Z player removing dead Heroes, or converting to Z-Heroes as the case may be. If the Hero is dropped he lives with one wound/health remaining.

I don't recall what the Pick Up ability is in the General Store, but I'm thinking maybe you need a D6 test to see if you can pick from the discard pile, if failed then just draw the top card from the deck as normal.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-23-2014, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 10:00 PM by donvercetti.)
I like rules 5 and 6. I'm in the midst of trying to design a system where you keep items and events in separate piles and, kind of like Munchkin or any similar card RP, you take an item for searching, and take an event per victory. The thing is, events would be scarce since in my games zombies are almost always fended off instead of killed.

Also, regarding rule 1 I've always chalked it up to floorboards. I get your point, though - it could force the zombies to take an extra move to get to a hero.

- Let's go. Stay close to me.