Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anybody getting play time?
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
anybody getting play time?
i'm working a few sundays in a row and havn't had a boardgame in over 3 weeks now.. Watchmen02 looks like it will be on to the 5th week before more gaming.. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
RE: anybody getting play time?
(02-24-2011 03:39 PM)soundguy Wrote:  i'm working a few sundays in a row and havn't had a boardgame in over 3 weeks now.. Watchmen02 looks like it will be on to the 5th week before more gaming.. Watchmen02

I'd be in such withdraw that I'd be flopping on the floor like a dying goldfish. When you are able to get your game on, I hope it is a fabulous one!

Mark
365ZED
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
I am usually able to get 2-4 games in each weekend. Will problably being getting at least one bonus game in tonight.
02-24-2011, 05:14 PM
i work this weekend yet, and next weekend I'm not sure what is planned.. maybee role playing at least..
02-24-2011, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 09:51 PM by thegamelord.)
not in few months, i need a fix.
I've had a few AToE games though
02-24-2011, 11:13 PM
I am proud to say I finally got a Board Game Night set up! WooT! Ok, so it is every other week on Fridays, and I only have Myself, My Wife, and my friend Tim as agreed permanent players so far... But at least it is a game night! This Friday is our first meet up, and I think we will be playing LNoE (Well we WILL be playing LNoE if I have anything to say about it! LOL) So I'll let everyone know how it goes.
02-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Did not get my bonus game in last night, but I am definitely playing on Saturday. And, I'm teaching two new people the game. Excited to expose them to the infection!
02-26-2011, 01:17 AM
All my friends (none of whomare what I'd call 'gamers') sound interested when I describe the theme and the rules, but it's been tough to get a group together on a regular basis, and since they aren't as well-versed in board games we've only been able to play the standard rules with a few additions here and there. I'm chomping at the bit to try out the Survival Decks and Grave Weapons and some of the scenarios with alternative board layouts. Eventually, I suppose.
02-26-2011, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 04:52 AM by Russ.)
(02-26-2011 01:17 AM)robottroubles Wrote:  All my friends (none of whomare what I'd call 'gamers') sound interested when I describe the theme and the rules, but it's been tough to get a group together on a regular basis, and since they aren't as well-versed in board games we've only been able to play the standard rules with a few additions here and there. I'm chomping at the bit to try out the Survival Decks and Grave Weapons and some of the scenarios with alternative board layouts. Eventually, I suppose.

I feel ya, brotha! In my case, I have a friend and a girlfriend that both say they love LNoE. But somehow they never want to actually play it. Oh sure we should play it, "sometime," but never right now...it's "too involved."

I'm like, damn guys, it ain't like I'm trying to rope you into playing D&D or something! Too involved? Mostly we're rolling dice and seeing who gets the highest roll...ya don't even have to do math, just know if five is more than four!
Luckily, I discovered I have a cousin who is geeky enough to have genuine interest. Of course, he's a teenage boy, so I have to go get him...and then feed him...LOL!
02-26-2011, 08:03 AM
I GOT TO PLAY TONIGHT! WOOHOO! 2 GAMES NO LESS!

OK, Ok, so it was 2 basic rules games with just the original game... (Though we did use all the heroes and L-boards in the mix - Original, GH, HP1) and alright we just played Die, Zombie, Die! 2 times... BUT AT LEAST I GOT TO PLAY!

I played Zombies both games, won the first one by killing 2 Heroes on turn 10 (so 5 turns in), lost the second on turn 8 (so 7 turns in). 2 Hero players and 1 Zombie player. My friend Tim, My Wife and I.

Great games, had a lot of fun... till that second game where my wife pulled the Chainsaw on one hero and the Meat Cleaver on the other, Both Tim's Heroes won on Ties too... Soon as that happened I knew it was game over... LOL I also damaged 3 of the 4 Heroes during the course of the game, but they always had a card to heal the damage or prevent it... Not to mention the 2 times they played cards to avoid the fight to begin with... But still we had a lot of fun.

AND... We have agreed to get together again in 2 weeks to play again! WOOHOO! I so happy. Zombie17